Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

panyamin
Adept I

Win 10 transparency and effects not working since 2022 drivers release

Hello,

I would like to report an issue with the 2022 drivers releases : the transparency & blurry effects of taskbar and start menu are not working anymore

Downgrading to driver 21.12.1 restore the effects.

I do not understand why this issue occurs with the latest versions

Note that I tried to completely uninstall drivers (with DDU) and does not restore effects as well..

I reported the issue with the bug report feature on AMD Software

26 Replies
nschwender
Adept II

Re: Win 10 transparency & blurry effects not working anymore since 2022 drivers releases

Hi, I have the same problem with Windows 10 and RX5700. Since 22.1.1 drivers the transparency effects are broken.

Unknown_Zombie
Journeyman III

Re: Win 10 transparency & blurry effects not working anymore since 2022 drivers releases

I'm seeing the same issue with 22.2.1

Tried doing a clean install of them and Windows 10 transparency effects always break once these drivers are in.

Windows transparency effects start working again after downgrading to 21.10.2 (WHQL).

panyamin
Adept I

I would like to add something regarding the issue: it seems random and related to the "night shift" feature of Win10.. it's like the colors shifting affects somehow..

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your posts.

We are currently investigating the issue and I will update you once I have more information.
Ch4sin
Adept I

Re: Win 10 transparency and effects not working since 2022 drivers release

Any news on the matter? Its still not working for me

0 Likes
panyamin
Adept I

Hello,

AMD is aware of this issue, we just have to wait..!

On my side, the issue was gone after some soft reboots and/or days, but reappear on installing new drivers version, or after hard reboot at random times (when windows update needs computer hard reboot for example)

0 Likes
nschwender
Adept II

Hello, the problem is still present with 22.3.1 drivers. Unbelievable.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved in 22.3.1.

Please download the driver from the release notes. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-3-1

Whilst running the installer, please perform a Factory Reset and restart your system before checking to see if the issue is resolved for you.

0 Likes
x6205
Adept II

No it's not resolved.. Every single 2022 driver has broken acrylic blur on Windows 10. Factory reset will not solve it. I have reference card RX 6700 XT from MSI and it's broken. Last one properly working was 21.12.1. Pathetic..