cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Zappax
Journeyman III

Where does re-live cache the playback when its set to disk instead of system memory?

So I dont have much RAM so I can't opt into system memory because it kkeeps crashing high demand games and other times just disables playback without warning.

I'm not sure if I set it to disk, where does it store the playback? Installation folder, or the one i'm saving the recordings to? Installation folder is on C:\ which is an nvme drive and I'd rather not stress that with constant recording, and the output folder is on a HDD.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Zappax
Journeyman III

bump

0 Likes

I know that, the recording folder is set to a separate HDD. Problem is, before you press the record playback button, it has to cache the video somewhere, constantly record it, with system memory its easy, its the ram, but where does storage option record to? Thats the question. Is it the installation folder or the recording folder?

0 Likes

Then I don't really understand what you are asking for.

I was just answering your question as you posted it:

"I'm not sure if I set it to disk, where does it store the playback? Installation folder, or the one i'm saving the recordings to?"

The playback is store in Windows Video folder inside the Relive folder.

But it wouldn't be the AMD Installation folder. That is just for installing the AMD Driver and it software. Once the AMD driver is installed that folder is not used anymore.

Someone else would need to answer your question.

0 Likes

Found this FAQ from AMD where it shows where Relive video is stored at: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-027

Screenshot 2021-02-15 072732.png

I suggest you delete the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD which is not needed and can occupy several GB worth of data on your SSD/HDD.  This folder should be deleted before installing any AMD Driver on your PC to prevent conflicts during the AMD driver installation.

0 Likes