cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ozCo
Adept I

Speak Sound Lost with 22.11.1

I have MSI Delta 15 laptop which have ryzen 9 5900hx and 6700m. When amd release the latest version of graphics driver which is 22.11.1 i upgraded my driver. With this version i lost my speaker sound. But also when i put my headphone the sound have coming normaly. But when put out the headphone the speakers did not work.

For checking version issue i have rolling back to older version of graphics driver and my problem was fix.

So have you any idea for this problem and solutions?

1 Solution
ozCo
Adept I

Hello guys, 

I have good news for this issue.  I found the solution in my way. 

Firstly, if you have laptop other than msi you should find the working version of amd graphics card(if you have msi laptop find the oem driver). You should extract the files and find the audio driver folder. (C:\Users\ozcan\Downloads\Live Update\AMD Graphics Driver\22.20.18 WHQL_220726a-382307C-MSI\Packages\Drivers\Audio) 

Copy the files to new version of amd graphics card which already extracted the files in same way. (22.11.2) (C:\AMD\AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-22.11.2-Win10-Win11-Dec1\Packages\Drivers\Audio)

Make sure that you just have to changed audio files.

Install the new version of graphics card. 

You will see the issue fixed. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
25 Replies
philbijuphil
Journeyman III

Yes I have an MSI Alpha 15 and having the exact same issue! Even youtube videos don't play when I'm on speaker. I've been trying to fix this since yesterday. Please let me know if you have found a fix.

Volkdude85
Challenger

"win+r" will bring up a run box in windows. "control panel" once there change the drop down in the top right from category to small or large icons and find "sound". This will display all the audio devices on your computer. Right click the proper source and "set as default device" then "apply" then "OK". that should work ...maybe

Good Luck

ozCo
Adept I

@Volkdude85I try to your suggestion but it didnt work. So i gues some driver dosen't work together this 22.11.1 update.

@philbijuphilif i found any solution i will write here.

So I would do a full driver install and look for the clean install checkbox that deletes the existing driver and installs scratch instead of as a patch. There are instructions online.

Also try updating nahimic. At least I had to have it going to get the sound consistent. I have an old 6 series with a 1060

ozCo
Adept I

@Volkdude85Actually i did clean install and i checked full install. I even formated my laptop and try your solution again.

I also own a Delta 15 here and got the exact same issue...

Downgraded to 22.5.1, and the speaker works again

Probably just wait till AMD label 22.11.1 as a "recommended" update instead of "optional"

But still keen to find out what is the actual issues here

it's mean that a lot of time for playing to warzone 2.0

CERN
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact same issue. It does seem to be related to the 22.11.1 release. Downgrading to 22.5.1 fixes the audio problem but I get an out of date warning message in the WoW character screen.

I'll probably end up going back down to 22.5.1 if the issue I upgraded for in the first place (WoW related) keeps happening. While on 22.11.1, I found that plugging in earphones is a descent workaround. Bluetooth headphones might work too but I haven't tried that yet.

If i use version of suggestion of msi i can not using the AMD Software: Adrenalin edition. If i use 22.5.1 which is version of amd the Windows Update automaticlly updating to someting about graphics and after this i can not using AMD Software again. So lose-lose system.

Alexc91
Journeyman III

I have exactly the same problem. As soon as I upgrade to 22.11.1. I've already tried everything I can, but nothing helped. I had to go back to 22.5.1 and everything worked as it should.

Lenovo legion 5 R7 5800h RX6600m laptop.

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

With laptops, you might have to use manufacturers drivers as brand computers are not as standard as DYI or "assemble-yourself" desktops. At least go to manufacturers (MSI, Lenovo, HP) website to see if there are any related driver updates involving sound, chipset or the like.

It was a bad experience for me who just transferred from nvidia to amd

NVIDIA has a problem with map in Cyberpunk 2077 in last update and also some glitches in apps. So, there is no big difference.

alwhiskey
Adept I

Same problem for me

Justifier
Challenger

Make sure you check:

• Update your drivers
    • Uninstall drivers from Device Manager
      • If laptop, get them from the Laptop's Support page
      • If Desktop, get them from Motherboard's support page
        • *(do not update from Windows Update)
  • Make sure to go through all audio devices, make sure they're running the same HZ (usually 16 bit 44100 hz, some higher end run much higher, check their specifications on their documents to make sure on those, usually those are +$150 US headsets that require DACs though)
  • Make sure your default devices are set up properly

A lot of people are having audio issues right now, appears to be from a Windows Update so you may also consider checking update history and rolling back drivers there if nothing else works

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
Alexc91
Journeyman III

I managed to fix this sound issue.
This is not a call to action, I will only describe what I did. Do it at your own risk.
I did the following: created a system restore point. The Automatic update in Windows is disabled. Installed the amd driver 22.11.1.
Rebooted the laptop. The sound doesn't work.
Opened the device manager.
Opened the properties of Realtek(R) audio and clicked rollback driver.
Opened the AMD High Definition Audio Device and also clicked roll back the driver.
Opened the AMD Audio Coprocessor (system devices) and roll back the driver.
Rebooted the laptop. The sound started working.
Drivers with which the sound works: Amd adrenalin 22.11.1. AMD high definition with 10.0.1.23. Realtek driver 6.0.9341.1. AMD Audio Coprocessor 6.0.0.37.

Lenovo legion 5 R7 5800h RX6600m. Win11 21H2.

I tried your soulutions but it didn't works for me and after that i install the lastest version of software which is 22.11.2 nothing changed again.

LOL_123_PL
Adept I

I have the same problem with my gigabyte A5 k1 laptop realtek

ozCo
Adept I

Problem is going on with 22.11.2

CERN
Journeyman III

Can confirm. On MSI Delta 15, just updated to 22.11.2 and speakers still don't work. Aux connection with earphone does and bluetooth headphones work too but not the laptop's speakers.

ozCo
Adept I

I have tried every possible solution but it never changed. Also i writed to msi and amd support for this issue but they can't help us. 

0 Likes

We probably won't see updates till the Christmas holiday is over... to be honest...

0 Likes
ozCo
Adept I

Hello guys, 

I have good news for this issue.  I found the solution in my way. 

Firstly, if you have laptop other than msi you should find the working version of amd graphics card(if you have msi laptop find the oem driver). You should extract the files and find the audio driver folder. (C:\Users\ozcan\Downloads\Live Update\AMD Graphics Driver\22.20.18 WHQL_220726a-382307C-MSI\Packages\Drivers\Audio) 

Copy the files to new version of amd graphics card which already extracted the files in same way. (22.11.2) (C:\AMD\AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-22.11.2-Win10-Win11-Dec1\Packages\Drivers\Audio)

Make sure that you just have to changed audio files.

Install the new version of graphics card. 

You will see the issue fixed. 

0 Likes

Hello. I have a 2 questions

First what file to extract

Secound how to extract file?