Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

enemybmp
Journeyman III

Solved a problem when HBCC is activated in CoD Modern Warfare

Hello,

I had the problem that CoD MW crashed when I entered the level after a few seconds. But when I deactivate HBCC, the game runs fine. The Crash Error is: Dev Error 6068. The Card is a Vega 56.

0 Likes
4 Replies
enemybmp
Journeyman III

I don't know why, but in the last couple days, it's crashing again.

0 Likes

This kind of stuff has been happening for a long time, thought I solved it before but no. Games that actually use more than 8GB of VRAM and are DX12 especially, like the new COD Modern Warfare, seem to crash right when the VRAM usage starts to get up near 8GB. Some other games BSOD the PC with atikmdag.sys being the culprit. HBCC has been broken for a while for me. I just submitted a report for this this game and others (again), you should do this too. Hopefully they fix this because definitely is a problem with HBCC causing these crashes in games. 

HBCC would be pretty useful for this game too. I have to drop texture setting to Medium to fit inside the 8GB of VRAM. On High, this game starts to stutter because it's hitting 8GB. 

0 Likes

So I am getting the 6068 error, and my event viewer is in fact showing the atikmdag.sys being the culprit.  When I set my graphical settings in game, it says I am only using half of my VRAM... about 4100 out of 8000.  Any idea what gives?  I have tried EVERY solution out there to no avail.

0 Likes

Just want to inform you that they've finally fixed HBCC in their latest driver release for Vega cards!

If you look at the Fixed Issues for driver version 20.3.1 you'll see they fixed the issue for when a game uses more than 8GB of VRAM with HBCC enabled. This fixed HBCC for every single game that it was giving me issues with.

0 Likes