cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Eaulrik
Journeyman III

Short freezes in Deathloop everytime I enter the menu, or pause

The Deathloop game freezes for 1-2 seconds everytime I enter the menu, or pause (e.g. for reading a note ingame, which happens very often).

To reproduce this:

- Launch the game (I experienced this in both fullscreen and windowed mode, and in both the Windows store and Steam versions of the game).
- Once you are in play mode, access the menu, either by going to the options, or when the games pauses when you read a note e.g.
- When exiting the menu, the game freezes for 1-2 seconds before going back to the game. Since the game has a lot of notes to read and requires you to pause often, this significantly impacts gameplay (I had to stop playing because of it).

I have seen that this bug was discussed several times on Reddit, mostly by people having a RX 6600 apparently: https://www.reddit.com/r/Deathloop/comments/15surnf/game_freezes_for_a_second_everytime_i_enter_the/. Note that I experience this bug on my 6800S (on my laptop) and the latest driver installed (24.3.1), probably it was the same with previous drivers. I also tried to use the integrated graphics and the bug is not present then (but the game is quite unplayable with only integrated graphics).

Thanks a lot for any help on this !

2 Replies
lord_dogi
Journeyman III

same problem (rx6600 XT card, AMD Adrenalin 24.4.1)

Jsimpson
Adept I

Same, I hope someone works out a fix. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing worked. I'm on a 6800.