cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

executablefiles
Journeyman III

Shaders in minecraft don't work after updating driver to radeon 19.4.1

Today, I decided to update the driver from what I believe is 18.3.4. I did so thinking everything was going to be ok and maybe even a little better. When I finally installed it, I decided to run Minecraft. However when I launched a world, it completely froze. I restarted it over and over until I turned off shaders. Then, I turned the shaders back on and minecraft froze. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I really like to use the shaders. I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and a Radeon RX570 4G graphics card. If this is important as well, I am using Forge 1.8 with Optifine and SEUS shaders which can be found here: SEUS Renewed v1.0.0 - Sonic Ether. Any other info that is needed to help solve the problem I will gladly provide.

0 Likes
2 Replies

How did you perform the driver update, usually when updating from old to new Annual update (18. to 19.) it is recommended/suggested to clean install the newer.

And what windows build/vers ?.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I clicked on clean install. also I am on windows 10 home. I downgraded the driver back to 18.3.4 and shaders do work so its an issue with the driver.

0 Likes