cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

executablefiles
Journeyman III

Shaders in minecraft don't work after updating driver to radeon 19.4.1

Today, I decided to update the driver from what I believe is 18.3.4. I did so thinking everything was going to be ok and maybe even a little better. When I finally installed it, I decided to run Minecraft. However when I launched a world, it completely froze. I restarted it over and over until I turned off shaders. Then, I turned the shaders back on and minecraft froze. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I really like to use the shaders. I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and a Radeon RX570 4G graphics card. If this is important as well, I am using Forge 1.8 with Optifine and SEUS shaders which can be found here: SEUS Renewed v1.0.0 - Sonic Ether. Any other info that is needed to help solve the problem I will gladly provide.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Re: Shaders in minecraft don't work after updating driver to radeon 19.4.1

How did you perform the driver update, usually when updating from old to new Annual update (18. to 19.) it is recommended/suggested to clean install the newer.

And what windows build/vers ?.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
0 Likes
executablefiles
Journeyman III

Re: Shaders in minecraft don't work after updating driver to radeon 19.4.1

I clicked on clean install. also I am on windows 10 home. I downgraded the driver back to 18.3.4 and shaders do work so its an issue with the driver.

0 Likes