cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

brakespear
Adept II

RX7600 Not Recognised/Windows Update issue

Have today replaced my RX 580 with a Sapphire Pulse RX 7600. Card seems to function on at least a basic level, can log into Windows, however after driver installation (I had unistalled previous drivers beforehand) the card shows as 'AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics' in Device Manager rather than a specific model. i have confirmed that this is not an integrated chip showing up somehow.

Checked with GPU-Z, which still lists the board with a generic name but the specs seem to be the correct ones for the RX 7600. Reseated card and uninstalled/reinstalled drivers to no effect.

Unable to use the code for free game (RE4) as the AMD verification tool does not find any eligible hardware.

Tried running a couple of games which were OK. Then tried again and game ran for around two or three minutes before the monitor went blank, although game audio could still be heard.

Restarted the PC and card seemed to be running fairly hot (around 75 degrees C), tried to load Adrenalin suite but got message stating Windows Updates may have automatically removed drivers and a reference to a knowledgebase aricle (pa-300) which is under maintenance. (EDIT - resolved this for now by disable and reenabling the card in Device Manager, will need to turn off auto-updates in Windows 11).

System:

B550 Aorus Elite V2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

16GB RAM

Windows 11, latest Insider build I think (23486.ni_prerelease.230616-1447)

I know a couple of people elsewhere have reported similar issues as the first one and have heard of one person having the second issue with no solutions so far. 

0 Likes
0 Replies