Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Reynisson
Adept I

RX Vega 64 Driver Timeout while browsing/watching Videos

Hi guys,

I've been having problems with my RX Vega 64 for months that I just can't figure out how to fix. Thank you very much for your help!!

Problem:
Blackscreen for 1-5 seconds followed by an AMD Error Message about a Driver Timeout, followed by poor performance (laggs). If the error occurs too often, the card is no longer recognized in Device Manager (Yellow warning sign) and the driver has to be reinstalled.

Occurs when:
Never while gaming, Always while using browser (every browser) & especially when watching videos/youtube with higher quality than 1080p or have many tabs open.

Already Tried:
DDU and drivers reinstalled, Factory Reset when installing, Used older driver version, Windows reinstalled (also 11), Card disconnected and mounted. > All without success.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am freaking out...  

Spec:
GPU: RX Vega 64 (NOT overclocked).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (NOT overclocked)
RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX 2933MHz
BaseBoard: TUF B450-PLUS GAMING ASUSTeK
Boot Disc: Samsung NVME SSD 970 Evo 250 GB

10 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Very strange issue indeed, have you tried changing the power plan? increase virtual memory for your system? decrease refresh rate? disable issue reporting of the amd driver? use the generic windows driver? install amd driver without adrenalin software? editing frequency and voltage settings of the card? increase power limit of the card? 

I would try all of those and see which one works

Thanks also for your reply blazek. i tried:

changing the power plan= issue still there
increase virtual memory for your system= issue still there
decrease refresh rate=no option, wont go under 60
disable issue reporting of the amd driver= issue still there (bugged more then before, thought my pc will die :D)
use the generic windows driver=no option, need newest driver for some games.
editing frequency/voltage settings/increase power limit= issue still there
------
install amd driver without adrenalin software= Fixed?! Had like 10 videos on youtube open with 4k video quality and got not error message/blackscreen. I will give an update if it really doesn't happen anymore. Why do you think this tip helps? Are there not also disadvantages without the Adrenaline software? 

0 Likes

I have the same issue on my Ryzen 3 4300GE,  it only happens when I'm watching YouTube at fullscreen. And it geniunely freaks me out.

0 Likes

Using DDU and reinstalling drivers fixed the issue.

0 Likes

UPDATE: 
Just had the issue again....so installing the amd driver without adrenalin software wasnt the solution...f***

0 Likes
ht3k
Journeyman III

Disable hardware acceleration in the browser

Thanks for this tip with hardware acceleration, but was not working. issue is still there sadly

0 Likes

Can you disable xmp and run the memory at stock?

Also thanks for your answer ht3k,
but I have the memory on stock and do not use XMP

0 Likes

Can this really be the solution?

i tried:

changing the power plan= issue still there

increase virtual memory for your system= issue still there

decrease refresh rate=no option, wont go under 60

disable issue reporting of the amd driver= issue still there (bugged more then before, thought my pc will die :D)

use the generic windows driver=no option, need newest driver for some games.

editing frequency/voltage settings/increase power limit= issue still there

------

install amd driver without adrenalin software= Fixed?! Had like 10 videos on youtube open with 4k video quality and got not error message/blackscreen. I will give an update if it really doesn't happen anymore. Why do you think this tip helps? Are there not also disadvantages without the Adrenaline software?

0 Likes