cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jd63636
Adept III

RX 7900 XTX Refrence Card RGB Tool

Is there a new RGB tool for the 7900XTX?  I have checked both the AMD driver page and Cooler Master but only see it for the RX 6000 cards

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans
3 Solutions
jd63636
Adept III

FYI, I got a reply from AMD tech support

"Thank you for your email.

The RGB Tool for Radeon RX 7900 series is not yet available yet.

Please keep checking our website for its availability at the driver download page.

Thanks for contacting AMD".

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans

View solution in original post

For me plugging into the first DP on the left (looking at the back of the card) worked. Got the update FW message and I am good to go.

View solution in original post

42 Replies
Raider0001
Adept I

powercolor has one but it doesn't work for other cards 

0 Likes
jd63636
Adept III

FYI, I got a reply from AMD tech support

"Thank you for your email.

The RGB Tool for Radeon RX 7900 series is not yet available yet.

Please keep checking our website for its availability at the driver download page.

Thanks for contacting AMD".

Nice, thanks for sharing this. Even though I think it is kind of unfortunate, they didn't manage to release one on launch day, but at least they are working on it.

ali_d
Community Manager

Yea just installed this, doesn't work

Keeps telling me to plugin my AMD product.

Nice work AMD, par for the course i guess

0 Likes
ali_d
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that,

We would like to collect more information from you:

• Can you confirm that you are using a 7900 XTX?
  • How is the GPU connected to the motherboard, for example is it connected directly or are you using a riser cable? 
  • How many displays are you using?
  • How is the GPU connected to the display, for example is is connected via HDMI/DP/USB-C and are you using any adapters/dongles/MST Hub
  • What build of Windows are you using, for example Windows 10 22H2
  • What CPU/Motherboard/Bios are you using?

I have the same issue. It worked the first time I installed it. Even updated the RGB firmware on the card. Now, all I get is "plug in your amd device to get started"

• MBA 7900 XTX
  • Direct connect to motherboard, no riser
  • 1 Display, LG 27GL850
  • Display Port cable direct, no hub or dongls
  • W11 22H2 build 22621.1105
  • 5950x, Aorus B550 Master, F13
0 Likes

I get the same thing. Nothing like not having it at launch and then release a non working RGB tool

It is an XTX for sure , purchased direct from AMD

plugged in directly to the Pcie slot

1 display

Display port via a Display port 1.4 cable, no adapters or dongles

Windows 11 22H2(22621.963)

MSI X670E Carbon WiFi

Ryzen 7 7700X

Motherboard is set to UEFI 

AMD 7900XTX RGB Tool small.png

The only thing i can think of to try is a different DP cable

Try the other DP or use the HDMI port

Once you can get it to update the firmware you will be good to go

0 Likes

Seems odd that the firmware update would be done through the display port instead of the PCIE . I will try both though

0 Likes

For me plugging into the first DP on the left (looking at the back of the card) worked. Got the update FW message and I am good to go.

Awesome

Good to hear.

The things we do for just a little color:)

0 Likes
Haaky
Adept II

Yes i am using a 7900xtx

Yes im using a riser cable

Triple 32" monitors

Using all 3 Display Ports

Windows 10 22H2

AMD 5800X3D on an Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

Bios 4303

0 Likes
ali_d
Community Manager

Can you remove the PCIe riser cable/adapter in use and establish a direct connection between the discrete graphics card and the motherboard and see if the issue persists?

0 Likes

Just to be very clear: Are you using a MBA (reference) 7900 XTX card and not a custom card from a board partner like a Power Color Hellhound or XFX Merc? As these custom designs use their own dedicated software supplied by their manufacturers.

0 Likes
Haaky
Adept II

Its a reference card from Sapphire

And yes it still does it without using the riser cable

This is the screen i get when trying to run it

amd.jpg

me too

It's a Sapphire's reference cardスクリーンショット 2023-01-07 023155.png

Tool successfully launched with mainboard UEFI as defaultスクリーンショット 2023-01-07 040542.png

What do you mean by "mainboard UEFI as default"????

0 Likes

I set mine to UEFI as default also but i still cant get it to work

0 Likes

You will need to use the Sapphire software (TRIXX) to control the lighting

0 Likes
Haaky
Adept II

Im glad that i'm not the only one having this, small problem.

I'm sure AMD will get it worked out. Gotta expect things like this with something new.

I'm also very glad my card doesn't have the temp problem. I actually really like this GPU.

Having said that, i will be installing a water block on this puppy as soon as there avail from EK

0 Likes
Haaky
Adept II

I found out why i couldn't get the XTX RGB tool to work for me

Turns out it did not like haveing the 3 monitors hooked up.

Ran with only 1 monitor, the firmware tool ran fine and now the RGB tool runs fine

Haaky
Adept II

Just ried it again with all 3 monitors connected, works fine.

Guess it needed the firmware update, but wouldn't update with 3 monitors hooked, oh yea plus a HD tv connected to the HDMI port.

I don't know if it didnt like the HDMI port connected, gonna test some more later

I have a Powercolor and Sapphire 7900 XTX… both reference cards and only the Powercolor works with the RGB Tool. No riser cables on either card. I even put the Sapphire into the computer that worked with the Powercolor card and still get the “plug in your AMD device to get started.” 

0 Likes

Odd, I don't know what is preventing this. Can you maybe check the BIOS versions of both cards with the latest version of GPU-Z? It seems like there are at least two different BIOS versions out there for MBA cards, 022.001.002.008.000001 and 022.001.002.009.000001. My Sapphire MBA has the former 008 BIOS and the RGB tool worked for me right away.

Could different BIOSes cause some problems recognizing the card?

0 Likes

I did check and they are both 022.001.002.008.000001. I wanted to try and update to the 022.001.002.009.000001BIOS but there are no tools to allow me to try and flash the card.

Thanks, it was just an idea what might cause the issues, seems like the BIOS doesn't affect the detection of the card. Oh well it was worth a shot.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Haaky
Adept II

Did you try connecting the monitir to the different DP ports and try the HDMI port?

I still believe that why i intially couldnt use the tool.

When i went to 1 single monitor everything worked fine. Once the firmware was updated the tool runs fine with all 3 monitors and 1 HD TV connected

I am connected to a single HDMI OLED screen. I also tried a small Displayport monitor but nothing changed. There are several users on Reddit having the exact same issue with the RGB tool.

There were issues with the 6000 series RGB Tool as well when it was first released. It would not recognize

some cards either. I hope this is the case here.  

0 Likes

What MB are you using?

0 Likes

I have tried it in 2 different boards. Asus ProArt X570 and Gigabyte Arous Master X570

0 Likes
Haaky
Adept II

Another user finally got  his working just plugging in HDMI and doing a hard reboot.

You seem to be having the hardest time getting this to work.

And the MB are set to boot in UEFI mode right?

0 Likes

Yes. Both 100% UEFI. One worked… one is not seen by the RGB tool

0 Likes

No matter what, the Sapphire card only does this…

F4C694AA-52E6-406D-8966-30359826DB8C.jpeg

0 Likes

You will need to use the Sapphire software (TRIXX)

0 Likes
Haaky
Adept II

Let me guess, it worked on the Asus MB right?

The BIOS are up to date?

The only thing left i can think of is to load the default MB settings (no XMP, or DCOP for the ram}

You prob already have done that im guessing?

Tried the card in a different slot?

I'm running out of ideas

0 Likes

Nope. The Gigabyte board worked right away. So I put the card that would not work with the RGB Tool on the Gigabyte board and it still can’t be seen by the tool. 
I am currently working on exchanging the card for another from the seller. Waiting on shipping label. 

0 Likes