cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KoA
Journeyman III

Recurrent crashing drivers "Not compatible"

Hello, recently I started having a recurring problem, my drivers keep crashing when I'm playing games (War Thunder, CS2, Stormworks, etc), the games will suddenly crash, then the screen goes crazy, then some errors about space will show up (even though I have >3gb free in every disk) and then, when I try opening the AMD drivers, an error shows up that says "the version of AMD software that you have launched is not compatible with your currently instaled AMD graphics drivers", I have tried multiple times to reinstall the software, and it runs perfectly for a couple of hours/days but eventually the same error occurs

7 Replies
DipakJ27
Adept III

• Make sure that you have the latest version of the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition driver installed. 
  • You can download the latest driver from AMD's website.
  • Try using the AMD Clean Utility to remove all traces of previous AMD drivers. 
  • Once you've used the AMD Clean Utility, restart your computer and install the latest AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition driver.
  • Try disabling any antivirus or firewall software that you're running. 
  • Some antivirus and firewall software can interfere with AMD drivers.
  • Try updating your BIOS to the latest version. 
  • You can usually find the latest BIOS update on your laptop manufacturer's website.
  • Try running your games in borderless mode or windowed mode. 
  • This can sometimes help to reduce crashes.
  • Try lowering the graphics settings in your games. 
  • This can also help to reduce crashes.

If you've tried all of the above and the problem persists, you may need to contact AMD Support for further assistance.

Here is a unique tip:

• Try using a different version of the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition driver. 
  • For example, if you're currently using the latest driver, try using a slightly older version.
  • Sometimes, older versions of the driver can be more stable.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav

for god sakes amd fix ur broken drivers im so sick of it better i pay 100 more for a gpu than to deal with ur crap jesus  i have unstall and install ur broken drivers over 10 times this week do something !!! losing faith with ur stupid drivers issues 

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please run the AMD Cleanup Utility. After your system has restarted, you can download and install the full 23.10.2 driver package which should resolve crashes in CS2. 

trippy112
Adept I

this is the worst fix, it just basically lets me play for 1 or 2 hours then i have to do it again. would't this just be easier if you fix the drivers ?

cimamura
Adept II

I am getting this exact same thing. Its Windows being dumb and installing a different display driver and overriding your up to date official AMD one. If you have an AMD chip or AMD onboard graphics card, this will happen.

Whats weird is that I have everything turned off where Windows SHOULDNT update anything, but alas, its Windows. 

This is whats weird for me, my screen saver of all things some how activates Windows to update my display driver. I am going to reinstall the proper driver, and disable the onboard graphics and see if that does the trick.

I do hope AMD can fix this. I am literally using my brand new week old computer I just bought, so this isnt looking very good lol.

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 4.70 GHz

32GB RAM Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 6000MHz

PowerColor Fighter AMD Radeon RX 7800X 16GB

Windows 11

tried almost everything. best thing to do is undervolt gpu and leave the overlay on (ctrl+shift+o)

i also disabled MPO but try the overlay thing first it will work temporarily

messer19
Adept II

Been facing the same issue for months. The driver just deletes itself midgame. Fix this already pls AMD !