cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

u7QO8
Adept II

Radeon wattman reset issue

i dont know what it happen, how to solve it, as it is annoying due to PC will constantly turn off on the issue. my GPU is new, driver is also stable one, it make i can't use my PC .

0 Likes
14 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

List the specs/brand/model of your computer

Uninstall wattman - likely uninstall drivers with AMD's tool - reinstall drivers. Let the computer run as intended and don't try to overclock it.

0 Likes

need actual details.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Hello, go to power settings and sleep mode => advanced power settings => power button actions => change parameters that are not currently available, and uncheck enable quick start (recommended) - uncheck! Save changes! Should help)

0 Likes

i had google the same, whatever, it is greyed, how can i turn it off? and i dont expect this is helpful as a general users, i dont think ppl made any change on " Wattman" . like blue screen, ppl didn't do any thing on PC, just use it, how can blue screen happen !!! 

Wattman? i just wonder why AMd didn't solve it 

0 Likes
u7QO8
Adept II

i have google it, but can't find any thing about WAttman, really look for detail of this and solution. basically, all the so called "solution" is nothing, we need AMD official to post a fixs on it. look for official staff to forward this issue .

i dont overclock my GPU, all setting is default or as same as when it is installed, so how can wattman issue arise?

0 Likes

you still havent really told us whats actually happening. "wattman reset" is extremely vague.

0 Likes
jerico1213
Adept II

hello, im having the same issue, and i just made a post 15mins ago,im sure its drivers related beacuse even if i did a clean installation of windows+amd drivers i still get the same issue, this been happening since october 4 which the release of the newest drivers

0 Likes

it is recently, suddenly happen, i didn't have such issue before.  i just want to find what Wattman reset occur, as i didn't make any change on power setting, my PSU is fine. so called "solution " from gogole didn't make sense. and official and forum here, no response to this, it can be endured. as we know, AMD drive always have issue

0 Likes

like i was saying on my previous answer, yeah its most likely to be an amd issue with the newest drivers, ever since i updated my drivers this issue keeps happening the only thing i can think about it is removing this drivers, and installing Adrenalin 22.5.1 which is an older driver but stable

0 Likes

my issue driver is Adrenalin 22.5.1.

since Adrenalin 22.10.1 have such issue so i use 22.5.1 currently

0 Likes

could you confirm that 22.5.1 works fine ^^ beacuse im gonna need to rever drivers too if i keep getting this issue

0 Likes

both drive have the same issue. 22.5.1 is more stable than 22.10.1 only.  the only solution is still on AMD side, not us.

0 Likes
u7QO8
Adept II

i suggest, AMD should focus on the function of the GPU in aadeon, like FSR, etc, remove all the thing like watteman, overclock function, seperate them into ryzen master . AMD is really weak on the function of overclock in app, driver of GPU. usually get pc crash due to XXX adjustement . as a general pc user like majority, no one ever touch Wateman,but why would it happen? no official to speak and tell what it is , what it will raise and troubleshooting. google search only give lots of garbage article, no any of them is useful as there was no any official to tell us what it is? that why u see this issue, but all of them are demanding for solution,  no any official to answer this issue, even in forum here, official AMD forum!!!!

0 Likes

i agree with you with need @amd to do something about. this is really annoying specially when u are trying to keep drivers up to date

0 Likes