cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Tobi_Ethirbirge
Journeyman III

Radeon™ Super Resolution support for notebooks with hybrid graphics

The latest AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.7.1 Release Notes instated that Radeon™ Super Resolution

• Expanded support for discrete Radeon™ RX 5000 and 6000 series GPUs on AMD Ryzen™ processor notebooks with hybrid graphics.

After downloading the driver on my Dell G5 SE with the Radeon RX 5600M discrete graphics, The option for enabling RSR is nowhere to be seen. Is this a bug? or it just doesn't support this laptop.

Thank you for your understanding and have a great day

0 Likes
4 Replies
gonkbous
Journeyman III

rog strix g15 advantage edition with 5900hx and 6800m. no RSR support even though most recent amd software adrenalin patch noted that it was added. 22.7.1

0 Likes
GreenoG15AE
Journeyman III

Can confirm, ASUS ROG STRIK G15 Advantage Edition, no RSR.

Testing: Disabling iGPU in device manager brings the option, along with streaming support etc that is normally hidden. However still non-functional and software randomly crashes when browsing it with iGPU disabled.

Is this simply an oversight/bug or is RSR not possible in a non-mux, smartshift laptop?

0 Likes
LEEJC
Journeyman III

As you know, my laptop is HP omen and my graphics card is 6600m. I saw that the 22.7.1 display hybrid graphics card will be able to use RSR, but after I installed the new driver, I still didn't have the option to open RSR. I don't know what happened.

0 Likes
Anatadaephobe
Journeyman III

I also have a Dell G5 SE and no option for RSR. There's nothing I've found in the Windows registry to make me think the feature has been installed. Infact, I've been looking around the internet and not found anyone who says they've got RSR working on a laptop with discrete graphics with 22.7.1. 

Please, if you *are* one of these lucky users, let us know.  

0 Likes