Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spitze2
Adept I

Radeon™ PRO WX 3100

I cannot install (Radeon PRO WX 3100)

• whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.9.3-win10-win11-sep25-rdna.exe and
  • whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.10.1-win10-win11-oct11-rdna.exe

Error 182 – AMD Software Installer detected AMD graphics hardware in your system configuration that ...

All driver equal or older than

• whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.9.1-win10-win11-sep6.exe

can be installed without error message.

The same problem with Windows 10 and 11 (dual boot on the same PC).

0 Likes
3 Solutions

Many Users are having the same issue with the same AMD errors 182 & 195 with latest Adrenaline drivers.

Seems to be a bug in the AMD installation program or Windows conflict.

One User mentioned AMD Support said to use AMD Cleanup Tool and it was able to install without errors.

You can try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and deleting, if created, AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the AMD driver again.

See if the same error is generated again. If so I suggest you open a AMD SUPPORT ticket and install a previous AMD Driver until the next new Driver update.

NOTE: Do you have the same issue when installing the AMD PRO Driver also?

View solution in original post

0 Likes

I have opened a AMD SUPPORT TICKET.

spitze2
Adept I

Answer from the AMD Support team:

If you take a look at our latest driver release notes, you can see that we actually offer 2 packages (as explained in the first email). One is for RDNA graphics cards, the other is for a combination of RDNA and previous generation/architecture products. That's why the 23.10.1 drivers are offered on the product page for your graphics card. This driver package will work with your product, but only if you also have an RDNA graphics card in your system.

As it stands now, the latest gaming drivers that you can install and use in your system if you don't have an additional RDNA graphics card are version 23.9.1 that you had previously installed. Alternatively, you can use version 23.Q3.1, which we recommend for best performance and stability for your specific product.

6 Replies

Many Users are having the same issue with the same AMD errors 182 & 195 with latest Adrenaline drivers.

Seems to be a bug in the AMD installation program or Windows conflict.

One User mentioned AMD Support said to use AMD Cleanup Tool and it was able to install without errors.

You can try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and deleting, if created, AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the AMD driver again.

See if the same error is generated again. If so I suggest you open a AMD SUPPORT ticket and install a previous AMD Driver until the next new Driver update.

NOTE: Do you have the same issue when installing the AMD PRO Driver also?

0 Likes

The DDU Uninstaller and deleting the c:\AMD folder did not help.

The latest AMD PRO Driver could be installed and works good.

The date of the AMD PRO Driver is between the last working Adrenalin driver and the first not working driver. That is why the next Pro driver may have the same problem as the Adrenalin driver.

I would then open a AMD SUPPORT TICKET and let them know.

Seems like many Users have opened threads here at AMD in a short time concerning those two types of Installation errors.

0 Likes

I have opened a AMD SUPPORT TICKET.

spitze2
Adept I

Answer from the AMD Support team:

If you take a look at our latest driver release notes, you can see that we actually offer 2 packages (as explained in the first email). One is for RDNA graphics cards, the other is for a combination of RDNA and previous generation/architecture products. That's why the 23.10.1 drivers are offered on the product page for your graphics card. This driver package will work with your product, but only if you also have an RDNA graphics card in your system.

As it stands now, the latest gaming drivers that you can install and use in your system if you don't have an additional RDNA graphics card are version 23.9.1 that you had previously installed. Alternatively, you can use version 23.Q3.1, which we recommend for best performance and stability for your specific product.

Hey, Thanks for the update from AMD SUPPORT.

Maybe AMD should have this reply on their AMD Download page to let Users know which Driver to choose from so that it will install correctly without any AMD Installation errors..

0 Likes