cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

VincentLin
Adept I

Radeon Pro W5500 Multi-displays Setting Issues

This was also posted in "Graphics" forum because I am not sure which forum is appropriate.

Three monitors are connected in an extended mode thru Radeon Pro W5500 card: The1st and 2nd monitor are Samsung LF32YU87 with TB3,DP,HDMI inputs and the 3rd is LG UW with HDMI input only.  The following shows the related issues which I believe are AMD driver issues instead of Windows':

1.  Displays can't be rearranged: If one of the displays is moved and then "Apply" won't accept the change. It always goes back to its original fixed arrangement based on the sequence in the card. Checking "Make this my main display" won't work either.

2.  The cursor movement between displays are fixed and cannot be changed by flipping a display (the terminal monitor is blocked in one side, but sometimes in the wrong side): For instance, I need the cursor be able to move continuously across Monitor 1-2-3, but the predetermined cursor movement can accept only 3-1-2 movement when the first two monitors are connected to DP. However, If I change the 2nd monitor input to HDMI, then I can accomplish what i want;

3. The first two monitors can be displayed in portrait mode on the other PC, but they are unable to be changed to this mode from this card. Basically, only 1st landscape option is allowed.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
VincentLin
Adept I

All issues seems to be solved by updating the driver - Win10-Radeon-Pro-Software-Enterprise-20.Q4-Nov10. I installed the card in late December, 2020 and expected it was updated during the first installation. In anyway, it seems working now. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes

All issues seems to be solved by updating the driver - Win10-Radeon-Pro-Software-Enterprise-20.Q4-Nov10. I installed the card in late December, 2020 and expected it was updated during the first installation. In anyway, it seems working now. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
VincentLin
Adept I

0 Likes

0 Likes