cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

johno1977
Journeyman III

Radeon HD 8490 - DVI-Connected Monitor Difficult to Wake-up

I have an issue with one monitor waking up on my dual-monitor setup.  The secondary monitor attached to the DP wakes up just fine, but the primary monitor attached to the DVI port requires multiple user inputs, with no consistent chance of success in waking up this primary monitor.  After multiple unsuccessful varied attempts, including switching the monitor off and on, I must execute a hard shutdown by holding the power button for 10 seconds or so, and restarting.

The video card came installed with my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 tower computer. This PC is connected to a pair of Asus monitors (EB321HQU primary monitor and ER320HQ secondary monitor), through an IOGEAR GCS1644 Dual-View KVM.  This KVM only offers DVI connections for the monitors.  The primary monitor is connected through the KVM to the DVI port on the HD 8490.  The secondary monitor is connected through the KVM and a DP active adapter to the DP port.  The secondary monitor responds flawlessly.

As far as I know, the PC is fully up-to-date with upgrades and patches, as are the video card drivers and the drivers for both monitors.

I am tired of moving the cursor, clicking the left mouse button, typing spaces, striking the Control, Shift, Escape, Windows and Alt keys in attempts to wake up the primary monitor. Even restarting the video driver, by holding down the Ctrl+Shift+Windows keys and then striking the "B" key, does not usually work. 

I do not have this issue with the other PCs connected through the KVM.  Any insight into fixing this without replacing hardware would really be appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies