Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LastRelic
Journeyman III

Radeon does not apply correct overclocking settings

Hey Dear Community

I know it has been already 2 years since the rx 5700 xt launched but in times like these where better hardware is scarce and rarely to obtain for reasonable prices, I tinkered around with the manual Overclock settings in the latest Radeon software 21.10.04 to get some more performance out of the Gpu. But first the specs:

Motherboard: Msi X570 gaming edge Wi-Fi

Gpu: Asus rog rx 5700 xt strix oc 8 (With new washers after Asus revealed their thermal problems and thermal grizzly kryonaut extreme thermal paste)

Cpu: Ryzen 7 3800x 

Ram: Dominator Platinum at 3200 MHz

Cpu cooling: NZXT Z73 (front mounted)

Psu: Corsair Hx750i 

Case: Corsair x570 crystal with commander Pro swap

Now to my Problem: As the headline is already explaining the most, I will keep it short and simple. I have created a few different Overclocks ranging from 2064mhz (stock performance mode) to 2150 which seems to be the max oc allowed. Yet my settings are not applied properly. During testing of my 2064mhz oc I would only get about 2030mhz. After I applied an oc of 2150 with max power draw and memory clock of 1870mhz I get a stable line of 2095mhz. After I discovered the sweet spot of the card, I created a profile with the above-mentioned stats. Yet the card would downclock again to round about 2040 mhz. The cooling does not seem to be the problem. The max. temperature I get is 74 degrees Celsius. I would be happy for any help I can get.

0 Likes
1 Reply

IIRC, it was somewhat the norm, something to do with the hardcoded power tables i think ?

You might want to ask on an overclockers site owners thread for better ways to OC (MorePowerTool ?).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes