cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Proven that the Vulkan API of the latest AMD (Adrenalin Edition) video drivers suffers from texture issues!

Hello guys I posted elsewhere (here I made a previous post but this one is more detailed) of the forum but I wanted to post here also about the problem that exists in the AMD Adrenalin Edition video driver Vulkan API since the release of this driver version (Adrenalin) . I tested the latest RPCS3 emulator, the same version, on the Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.11.3 and Radeon Crimson ReLive 17.11.4 drivers and it works much better than the current video driver. The problem with the Adrenalin Edition drivers AMD AMD Vulkan API (19.11.3 and earlier but later than Crimsom Edition) is a lack of textures (eg water) and background distortions (such as textures overlapping each other causing a kind of ghost effect) . The problem only happens in the Adrenalin Edition (Currently version 19.11.3) drivers and not in the Crimsom Relive Edition (latest version: 17.11.4) which works the texture display perfectly. Not to mention that the OpenGL API is very slow in this latest driver release (19.11.3) compared to the 2017 driver (Crimson 17.11.4) and previous Adrenalin Edition drivers.

I tested using the latest version of the RPCS3 emulator (v0.0.7-9186-5b9df53c) and the AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.11.3 and Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4 (2017) video drivers so I only changed the drivers for video and not the emulator.
4.png
                    Vulkan API featuring lack of texture and background distortion (Adrenalin Edition 19.11.3)
3.png
               No texture problems or background distortions in the Vulkan API (Crimsom Relive Edition 17.11.4)
6.png
                          Vulkan API featuring lack of texture and background distortion (Adrenalin Edition 19.11.3)
5.png
                  No texture problems or background distortions in the Vulkan API (Crimsom Relive Edition 17.11.4)
8.png
7.png
16.png
15.png
18.png
17.png
22.png
21.png
24.png
                          AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.11.3 (current) video driver recently used for testing.
23.png
                    AMD Radeon Crimson Relive Edition 17.11.4 (2017) video driver recently used for testing.
Please humbly ask you to solve the problem as soon as possible!

Note: NVIDIA video drivers currently work the same way as 2017 Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4. All AMD Crimson ReLive Edition video drivers edition Vulkan API worked the textures perfectly. The Vulkan API problem only started with the new editions of AMD Adrenalin Edition video drivers.
0 Likes
0 Replies