Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Problem with Vega11 Ryzen 3400G Graphic drivers

Hello.

Completely new system.

New MSI B450M Gaming Plus Mainboard

New Ryzen 3400G processor.

New 16GB Ram and SSD and nowthing else. 380Watts Antec Power supply.

At first everything works. Flashed new Beta Bios from MSI. Works. Windows 10 Pro Clean install okay.

Installing chipset driver... display is blue and staying blue. System is booting but no signal to Display in Windows.

Only solution is to restart windows in safe mode and unistall Vega 11 Diplay driver so sytem switches back to Intel drivers.

Tried the newest catalyst from AMD website.

Tried to install all Windows updtes first and then the driver... Bluescreen.

Tried to unistall Intel driver first and the Vega11 driver.... Bluescreen.

Tried another display with DVI... no Signal in Windows.

Tried old MSI Bios (was compatible with 3400G!) and... Bluescreen.

Inbetween I have done around 6 Windows10 clean installs. Sorry AMD but actual launch for these new processors is a little messy.

36 Replies
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Problem with Vega11 Ryzen 3400G Graphic drivers

Hi,

Somewhat  similar issue with a similar system.

I have a Gigabyte B450 I board with latest bios (F40) and a Fractal Design 450W PSU as differences and the rest (Ryzen 5 3400G, 16GB ram, m.2 SSD) is the same, nothing else. I have done a few clean W10 installs myself and once the integrated graphics starts working I get blinking lines, blinking black screen, flashing static on screen and sometimes missing a colour component from the image on screen. Funny enough, none of this happens before I install any drivers or even after that when the GPU load is in single digit.

Now the big question is whether you and/or I have a defective vega 11 in Ryzen 5 or is it something else?

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi. Same here. Ryzen 5 3400g with GB B450M DS3H. System doesn't boot after adrenaline 19.10.22 driver. Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Well. When readig all the other forums with massive issues I just suppose AMD and the board Partners just simply released a not finished product with really bad bios and drivers...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

You all should report it to AMD > Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Hello.

Already contacted MSI and AMD customer support two days ago. Now waiting for reply. Today I have ordered an ASROCK B450M Pro4 with new bios. Will test it and if it will work the MSI board goes straight away back to the dealer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I managed to narrow my issue down to AMD driver incompatibility with TVs. Details in my reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/cduxbd/3400g_in_b450_board_igpu_issue/ 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please could you confirm which AMD Chipset driver version you are you using and which AMD Display Driver version? Did you obtain these drivers from the AMD website?

What is the make and model of your display and how is it connected to the motherboard?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please could you confirm which AMD Chipset driver version you are you using and which AMD Display Driver version? Did you obtain these drivers from the AMD website?

What is the make and model of your display and how is it connected to the motherboard?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where did you get driver version 19.10.22 from?

0 Kudos