cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

szx
Journeyman III

OpenCL.dll was not found

I keep getting the same error after every Windows startup: blah blah blah OpenCL.dll was not found.

What am I supposed to do with this error? I installed the latest drivers. I'm not going to download a DLL from a random site and put it in my Windows folder... Did AMD forget to include this file in their driver installer?

0 Likes
9 Replies

Sound like you have a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Do you have a Desktop or Laptop computer and what is the Make & Model of your GPU and Motherboard?

If it is a laptop what is the exact Make & Model if possible Serial Number?

Try following this basic method of installing AMD Driver to prevent corruption or conflict:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

0 Likes

Was there any resolution to this issue?

I just installed the latest ATI driver for my Radeon R9 Fury card and I got the same error about a missing OpenCL.dll file. This is after a clean install off windows 10 and installation of "Non-WHQL-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-20.11.3-Win10-64Bit-Nov30" driver. After a reboot I get many dialog boxes complaining about a missing OpenCL.dll file.

0 Likes

0 Likes
Vlares
Journeyman III

I got this error after every Windows startup, after installing the drivers for the last time a few days ago from package:
whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.11.1-win10-win11-nov3-vega-polaris

I downloaded and installed two opencl.dll files separately, x64 and x86. And after that I got an error 0xc00007b after every Windows startup.

Then I tried to install the video driver again from the same packager - it didn't help.
I tried removing the drivers using amdcleanuputility and installing them again - it didn't help.
Then I tried to remove the drivers through amdcleanuputility and install them again from the same package, but which I downloaded a month ago and the error was fixed!

It turns out that the driver pack is either downloaded damaged or already damaged on the AMD server.

0 Likes

hola, mira me esta pasando exactamente lo mismo desde ayer no me deja abrir el sorfware de amd,me dice q no tengo el openCL.dll y q reinstale de nuevo, he desintalado con el amdcleanupoutility y con el DDU los drivers de mi 5600g pero aun asi no funciona no me deja ingresar a la app.Instale drivers antiguos desde la pagina de amd pero ninguno me funciona no se q es lo q sucede. actualmente tengo instalado el driver 23.11.1.Supongo q abra pasado algo con amd o no se pq faltara ese archivo. Necesito ayuda pq incluso los juegos me van a tirones (por ejemplo el cs2).

0 Likes

Not sure if this is the same thing for your current OpenCL issues but this User found a fix so that OpenCL is enabled on a AMD GPU Card.

I posted the link of the thread and fix at this current thread: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/radeon-rx-580-series-not-recognized-by-premiere-pro/m-...

Hola. mira me he instalado el opencl y ya no me lo pide pero aun asi no me deja abrir el software de amd, o sea si me deja pero no me lo muestra en pantalla es como si se cerrara. Ya no se que hacer, creo que solo debo esperar a que amd lance otro driver.

A y no entiendo muy bien que es lo q se hizo en ese hilo que me compartiste

gracias de igual forma

0 Likes

First please translate your Spanish replies into English in the future. This is a English Only forum.

Please upload a screenshot of GPU-Z of your GPU card or your 5600G IGPU to verify that OpenCL is enabled on your GPU card or IGPU after reinstalling the AMD driver.

Make sure to delete the AMD driver installation folder at C:\AMD before installing the AMD driver again.

This  is the latest 5600G AMD Driver if you are not using a GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-5000-g-series-desktop-processors...

If it isn't then you can use that Github to register your OpenCL files so that it can be recognized and enabled if that is the only API that is not enabled.

Please post your PC information especially your Motherboard, GPU, CPU, & Windows and AMD driver versions. Otherwise I am just guessing in trying to assist you with your problem.

0 Likes

Hello, sorry for not translating into English, look it's solved now, it's letting me open the software sincerely I don't know how because I haven't done anything about it
thanks for your help