cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kiel11
Adept I

My pc freezes whenever I tried to install my AMD RX 570 drivers

I had multiple errors when I tried to install my drivers and it's always freezing then goes black screen. I tried to test it on my friend's pc and it's just working fine on his pc.

CPU: I5
GPU: AMD RX 570

8 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried using older drivers? It could simply be an issue with the newest drivers not playing well with your hardware configuration.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

I already tried it, and the issue still occurs. Whenever I install any version of AMD drivers, my pc freezes, and I can't continue to go to boot-up unless I go to safe mode and do DDU to remove the driver updates.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

This is unfortunate. Is Windows update's ability to update drivers disabled?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Yeah, I already disabled it.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Did the GPU work properly before a specific update? 

0 Likes
kiel11
Adept I

It's working before but it just suddenly being faulty, and I can't install drivers on. I already reformat my pc but it's still doesn't work.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

It I sounding more and more like a hardware problem but I'm at a loss because it works fine in someone else's rig. @BigAl01 do you think you would be able to help with this one?

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would keep trying several versions of older Adrenalin drivers that are supposed to support the RX 570 GPU.  The 23.3.1 drivers are claimed to support the video card and I would start from there ago go backwards.

Also, while installing the drivers, disable other apps running in the background using Task Manager, including things like Norton or Avast.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".