My graphics card/driver issues.

Specs:

RAM: 16gb

GPU: Radeon rx480 8gb

CPU: i7-4770k

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1709

Driver: Radeon software version 18.2.1

BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F9, 18/09/2015

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: Z97-D3H

PSU: EVGA 600w 100-w1-0600

Display: Sony kdl-40z4500 50hz HDMI 1920x1080

I'm having two problems with my card/drivers the first is that every time I restart my PC it ends up too small for the screen (with black borders around it ) even though my settings on the radeon software  are correct, I temporally fix this by moving the hdmi scaling to 4% and back to 5%, this started a few updates ago, the last time it was fine was a 17.1 or something update.

The next problem is v sync is completely broken on nearly every game, I had to up on enhanced sync instead to make fps bearable since v sync was forcing nearly all my games into 30fps regardless of the game, how do i fix these issues?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Your screen resolution...tried changing it in the computer control panel? Right click on desktop and choose 'screen resolution"?

You don't control vert sync by using Wattman settings for any Directx game.

Wait for Vertical Refresh

Vertical Refresh or VSync, synchronizes the application with the monitor frame rate with the objective of removing screen tearing.

Note! Wait for Vertical Refresh only works OpenGL 3D applications. When using other APIs such as DirectX® or Vulkan®, VSync is controlled via the 3D application graphics settings.

0 Likes