cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

federicodettofred
Journeyman III

Multiple "Driver Timeout" errors

Hello! I'm new here, but I'm writing this because I have serious issues with AMD drivers.

My specs are: Ryzen 5 5600X, RX 6700XT, 16 GB RAM, ASUS PRIME B550 PLUS

Most games are fine (I'm playing Forza Horizon 5 with no issues, same for Far Cry 6 and many others), but two titles are particularly problematic: Death Stranding and The Medium. After playing for 10-15 minutes with these two games I always get a "Driver Timeout" error and I simply can't proceed because Windows almost freezes and I have to CTRL+ALT+CANC to close the game and get back to a normal situation. I have already used AMD Cleanup tool and I have reinstalled drivers multiple times, temperatures are fine and Windows shows no issues. I've never had this kind of problems with my Nvidia GTX 970 and now I literally can't complete these two games because of drivers. What should I do?

0 Likes
4 Replies
J_V_B_
Adept I

Re: Multiple "Driver Timeout" errors

Do you have radeon anti-lag enabled. Because the latest release mentions disabling that as a temporary fix: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-11-3#:~:text=during%20marvel%E2%80%99s....

Tags (1)
0 Likes
J_V_B_
Adept I

0 Likes
federicodettofred
Journeyman III

No, I never used Anti-Lag or other AMD game services. 

0 Likes
federicodettofred
Journeyman III

Already read it and rolling back drivers had zero impact on my case. The fact is that only Death Stranding and The Medium are "broken" to the point I can't continue. Other games had crashes or shutdowns but they were random and temporary. Those two games literally freeze in the same exact parts. Also, I just noticed my GPU junction temperature is often over 100C, while the GPU temperature never even reaches 60C. 

0 Likes