cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept I
Adept I

How do I install my drivers WITHOUT installing the extra bloat that comes with Radeon Software?

I do not want to stream. I do not want AMD to monitor my system or launch games on my computer. I do not want an extra web browser. I want the drivers ONLY. Please tell me how to install the drivers without this software before I boycott your brand for good. I'm using a Radeon RX 5700 XT.

24 Replies
Adept II
Adept II

Re: How do I install my drivers WITHOUT installing the extra bloat that comes with Radeon Software?

I'll sign this petition!!!

Re: How do I install my drivers WITHOUT installing the extra bloat that comes with Radeon Software?

installing driver only.PNG

Hope this helps, you do not need the software running. Make sure to uninstall or keep it from opening.

Adept II
Adept II

Hmmm.... This is what I got DarkAngel... Which folder do I choose?amd.jpg

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Thank you, but I just installed an older driver: 19.12.1, which at least gives me the option not to install Radeon Bloatware. Whether or not I continue with this brand will be determined by their response to this disastrous rollout. The idea that my $400 hardware can be sabotaged by overzealous coders leaves me with no confidence in this brand, in spite of their recent technological leaps. 

Adept I
Adept I

Seriously - the AMD team needs to worry less about streaming and social media integration and more about their users crashing less frequently when they, gee, I don't know .. try to play a bloody game or something.

They released new driver/software 19.12.3 update I would try that out and if it has any problems just go to apps & features and uninstall AMD Software. You should now have latest driver but without the software "which I feel is causing problems even with nothing toggled". 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Does the installer have the option for 'Custom Install'?

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Nope. AMD has resorted to forcing useless crap onto their customers.

Adept II
Adept II

Nope. Uninstall the software ya lose the driver too.

0 Kudos