cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Djorjx
Journeyman III

Graphics driver issue

Hi, I have had my current pc for a while. I am using an AMD Radeon (TM) RX 470 graphics card. Recently (a couple weeks ago) I had an issue where every time I booted the PC the display drivers would be reset to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. My Radeon (TM) RX 470 would give error code 22 saying it is disabled. I would then enable it in the device manager and it would proceed to give me error code 31 (windows cannot load the drivers required for this device). I would then download the AMD drivers from the website online and my PC would work flawlessly until I boot it again the next time. I would have to reinstall the drivers every morning, but after installing it DID work and kept working. 

Now a couple days later whenever I reinstall the AMD drivers and run the Radeon software the display drivers completely crash, giving me a frozen screen and requiring me to force a reboot. I have since then:

- Tried updating Windows
- Tried disabling Windows from automatically installing device drivers
- Uninstalled all current AMD drivers with DDU &  reinstalling multiple versions of AMD drivers
- Tried to rollback to a previous driver version

Now my PC is basically only usable with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, and if I try to use any version of the AMD drivers to use my actual graphics card (Radeon (TM) RX 470), the screen freezes and my PC needs to get forced shut down.

Does anyone have any idea what I can try to fix this? Thanks in advance.

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5 7400 @ 3.00GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 470
RAM: 8,00GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz
Board: ASRock H110M-HDV

0 Likes
1 Reply

I have been experiencing the same issue.

0 Likes