cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gundud
Journeyman III

GPU only working with iGPU and Dual screen

I already spent 2 days of troubleshooting and tried all the solution being posted online. I dont know what else to try, so I'm all ears now.

Current situation:

1. GPU 6700 XT installed with driver-only instalation.

2. Intel 11500 with integrated GPU and driver installed.

If I plug HDMI from GPU to the monitor then I will get blank screen. If I remove the GPU and use the integrated GPU then all good.

At this point I already try:

1. DDU after letting windows do all the driver update via windows update.

2. Stop driver installation using 3 methods, group policy hardware id, turn of device installation settings , wushowhide.diagcab.

3. Reset BIOS (Battery & Reset pin)

4. Reseat the RAM

Troubleshooting:

After tinkering for hours, I found a way to boot (and acctually play games):

1. Turn on the iGPU in the bios, so both GPU and onboard are on all the time.

2. Plug the GPU into the first monitor, plug the integrated GPU to 2nd monitor.

3. Boot up - very very2 slow BIOS (5-6 minutes).

4. Graphic will only show on the monitor 2 (connected to the integrated GPU)

5. From here I check the 6700 XT (device manager are either error 43 or 31), I just disable and reenable the 6700 XT. No error after reenabling.

6. Restart (this time bios boot up fast) and voila both of screen will turn on.

At this stage I can play or do what ever. Stress testing the GPU for hours without no problem (temp max is 78C, no artifact, just normal). I dont think my 650watt PSU is the problem because I can run stress test for hours just fine.

This is where it gets interesting/frustating. If i shut down the PC (or sleep) and turn it on again with using only the GPU it will get blank screen again. But if i do step 2-6 (from above) I can use my GPU again and this behavior is perfectly replicable everytime. So it seem the key is to reenable 6700 xt via device manager and restart, the iGPU on the bios is just so I can do it via monitor.

I'm considering to reinstall windows but I will want to hear from you guys first. Do you think its a hardware problem?

0 Likes
0 Replies