Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Skitzo
Journeyman III

FPS drops after latest adrenaline update in Destiny 2

newer 6600XT card.

When playing the beta for modern warfare 2, it gave me a warning type window that i needed to update my drivers as it could cause performance issues, so i went ahead and did so on adrenaline as i was one update behind. didn't have any issues prior for any games.

modern warefare 2 ran completely good, but i returned to destiny 2 today and as soon as any inputs are put in game my frames drop by half and return to normal if im not doing anything.

any ideas or is there a way i should just roll back a driver

2 Replies
shed
Journeyman III

Made an account just to reply to this. Exact same issue for me. 6700xt and got the new drivers for modern warfare 2. Should be able to just download the old ones and overwrite it.

0 Likes
avendorz
Adept II

i'm having similar issues. i just get random frame drops, mostly when entering new areas on a map, but seemingly random as well.

i just got this 6800 and i even get some random stuttering in some other games, all of them being dx11. namingly borderlands 3, gta 5 and warframe. destiny 2 is by far the worst though.
3d mark (dx12) runs absolutely fine.

i have not found a single driver that worked flawlessly. i've tried the following drivers:

22.5.1, 22.5.2, 22.9.2, 22.9.1 and 22.Q2 and 22.Q3 drivers.
out of all these 22.9.1 seems to be the least broken one.

not sure if its worth trying even older drivers?

i had a 3070 before and i literally had 0 issues with any games and im not really sure if i can assume AMD will fix this and if i should keep the card.

0 Likes