Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Patrix87
Adept I

Every drivers published after 22.5.1 break SteamVR and DirectX

Hi,

I have tried every single drivers since 22.5.1 and I had the same issues with all of them.

I also tried using DDU to cleanup before installing them, without success.

So here's what happens.

- I install the new drivers.

- The drivers detects the Valve Index as a monitor. *(even if I unplug it, it will do that when I plug it back after then install)

- DirectX is fine at this point and I can play any games.

- I start SteamVR and then the drivers loses all displays except the Valve Index, which is no longer working at this point.

- Then I use SteamVR to remove all SteamVR devices, unplug everything, reboot, replug everything.

- Then SteamVR is working ok but DirectX no longer works... Games like Horizon Zero Dawn or MW2019 or even MW2 won't start.

I think I have tried pretty much everything including formating and installing only the latest drivers.

I firmly believe AMD broke something and I don't understand how it's been like that since may and it's not getting fixed...

Thanks

--
Working in IT and System Integration since 2003.
I play mostly VR Simulation games like DCS World and Assetto Corsa.
2 Replies
SlimLacy
Journeyman III

I have this same issue. 
Having just downloaded MW2 that for some braindead reason refuses to start with older AMD drivers, I was forced to upgrade and thinking this issue HAS to be fixed by now, I did. Now I have to disconnect the index and remove drivers to pick between if I'm going to play VR or something else.

It works just fine with previous drivers

Yup, same for me, I had to update to the OPTIONAL WHQL 22.10.2 which STILL has a bunch of known issues. Just to play MW2.

Now I had to rollback to 22.5.1 WITH DDU because the installer is not even good enough to do it properly.

--
Working in IT and System Integration since 2003.
I play mostly VR Simulation games like DCS World and Assetto Corsa.