cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

reddestdream
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Error 173 – Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as AMD Graphics Hardware Has Not Been Detected in Your System Configuration in Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2

AMD Graphics Card:

AMD Radeon VII

Desktop or Laptop System:

Desktop

Operating System:

Windows 10 64-bit 1909

Driver version installed:

Currently 19.12.1 but trying to install 19.12.2 with issues

Display Devices:

2x LG24UD58-B 24" 4K IPS w/ FreeSync

Also tested

Nixeus Vue 24" 1080p 144Hz w/ FreeSync (NX-VUE24A)

Motherboard + Bios Revision:

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5 F6d (Modded to update Intel ucode)

CPU/APU:

Intel 7700K

Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage:

EVGA Supernova 850W P2, 80+ Platinum

RAM:

64 GB 3200 MHz (G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 F4-3200C16Q-64GVK (4 x 16 GB))

Same issue as noted above. Never had any issue with this card. Previous drivers always installed fine. Any attempt to update to Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 always ends in Error 173 AMD Graphics Installer Cannot Continue since AMD Graphics Hardware was not found. 19.12.1 and previous drivers installed fine.

I've been trying to find some sort of pattern to this problem from others who are reporting it. Everyone seems to be on Windows 10 1909 and have Navi or Vega cards, and most seem to have Intel CPUs.

I and others have tried DDU, cleaninstall, rebooting several times, changing monitors, etc to no avail. A friend of mine with a 6700K and RVII was able to get it to work, but he is on 1903. So perhaps there's an issue with this installer and 1909? At least under some circumstances? Additionally I have force-installed the driver component of the 19.12.2 package using Device Manager. This works, but I am unable to get the new control panel, which is the main reason (especially new Integer Scaling feature) I wanted to update the driver in the first place.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. At this point however I am beginning to suspect there is something wrong with the installer package itself and AMD will need to look into it. Thanks!

unknown.png

kefkapelazzo
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Error 173 – Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as AMD Graphics Hardware Has Not Been Detected in Your System Configuration in Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2

Same issue across two machines, one just a year old and one I finished putting together last month.
ASUS Strix z370 & z390.
Sapphire Tech Nitro+ RX 580, Sapphire Tech Nitro+ 5700 XT
i5 8600k, i5 9600k.
16 GB Corsair Vengeance, 32 GB Geil Super Luce.
1002, 1302 Bios.
Win 10 Home, Win 10 Pro.

Both machines throw up 173 during the exact same point in the installer, when the audio track comes to its first crescendo.

As its too early for any dust build-up on the 5700 XT which was installed less than two weeks ago .. I'm pointing my finger at an installer bug. Like other users I've been able to DDU/AMDC and install older drivers without error or issue so it isn't a matter of the cards not being installed properly or other nonsense like that.

0 Kudos
reddestdream
Adept I
Adept I

I finally found a solution to this, at least for me. I removed all my PCIe add-in cards, including wifi, and, with them all removed, I tried installing the driver again and it worked. In my case, it seems the issue was a Broadcom wifi card. 

jonyrh
Adept I
Adept I

Please, gif me link for old drived 19.2.1

0 Kudos
brunosales
Adept I
Adept I

HELL YEAH! You rock man, that was exactly my problem, I have a Wifi/Bluetooth PCI Card (Fenvi) and as soon as I removed it the installer went throuh.

0 Kudos
hquest
Adept I
Adept I

As unlikely as it sounds, it holds true! I too removed my Broadcom Wireless card, and the installer magically found my 5700 card, and the new Adrenaline suite is up.

Kudos Reddest!

0 Kudos
reddestdream
Adept I
Adept I

Yay! Glad it worked for you, hquest! 

Yeah. It doesn't make any sense. I still think it's something wrong with the installer. But also thanks to bernek in Guru3D comments who suggested this fix: 

Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition Driver Overview 

0 Kudos
finych
Adept I
Adept I

IMG_2766.JPG

Here was my WiFi card (PCIEX1). After I inserted it back, a message appeared on boot saying that I could no longer use U31G2_E3. Maybe the root of the problem, in sharing common physical resources.

ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for this useful feedback. Can those who were able to resolve the issue using this tip give me the Vendor and Device ID's of their WiFi Cards ?

Appreciate it.

elstaci
Esteemed Contributor III

Your troubleshooting just found a huge bug in the latest AMD Driver. Good Troubleshooting.

NOTE: You got the attention of Moderator RAY_M on this issue.

0 Kudos