cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Endless Driver timeouts

Still haven't found a solution to this issue so I will make my own post about it. 

I just built my PC a little over a month ago and have had driver timeouts consistently. I have been reading forums and watching videos for weeks hoping for an answer but to no avail.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE

MOBO: Asus B650-Plus Wifi

RAM: Delta DDR5 32GB 6000MHZ

What I've tried:

1. Updated Motherboard Bios

2. Changed windows to High Performance

3. uninstalled armory crate

4. Disabled XMP

5. set auto device installation in windows to off

6.  ran DDU in safe mode and reinstalled drivers with and without AMD Adrenalin

7. Disabled ULPS 

8. tuning the max frequency of my GPU down from the default 2545 MHZ to 2450 and 2370

9. undervolting sometimes seems to have a positive effect

Nothing has led to a permanent solution. For some reason I can run Cyberpunk 2077 and Elden Ring for hours on end with no crashes. However, Armored Core 6 will crash consistently.  Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remaster  crashes every race. 

Now in the past week I am experiencing constant crashes on Elden Ring also since the new patches have come out. 

Below is the crash logs from event viewer.

Faulting application name: eldenring.exe, version: 2.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x6661ae30

Faulting module name: eldenring.exe, version: 2.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x6661ae30

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000011af53a

Faulting process id: 0x0x28B0

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAC83444791CF5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game\eldenring.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game\eldenring.exe

Report Id: 03ee2528-6a0a-404b-9026-64a09f14218e

I am at wits end on this one, I can only imagine this is an issue with AMD's drivers at this point. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can point me in the right direction..

0 Likes
3 Replies
radu1006
Adept III

If you really read the forums, then maybe you already saw that people are complaining about the driver timeouts on all 2024 gpu driver releases.

Just install 23.12.1 after uninstalling with DDU.

0 Likes

Yes I have seen a few posts from others with the same issue. Wanted to make sure I’m not crazy and that it’s not something I’m doing wrong. Maybe I’ll give this a shot since nothing else seems to work. Very frustrating that I haven’t been able to enjoy my computer since building it over a month ago. Definitely will never recommend AMD to anyone. 

0 Likes

I appreciate the reply but that’s one of the first things I’ve tried and it is written in my original post. 

0 Likes