Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BnB
Journeyman III

Does bios 5409 support ryzen 5 3600

Hi,

I have asus prime a320m-k with 5409 BIOS,I want to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600(or 3300x),but I'm not sure does my bios support those 

I know its 4801 and higher but they drop support for some older cpu's when they add it for new ones so I want to make sure I can run it without any problems

0 Likes
1 Solution

The Asus note is quite vague when it says it removes the 4th generation support when using a 3000 series CPU.

I was able to find an old Overclock3D.net thread (2019) where a AMD Employee explains what the above means: https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=92928

Screenshot 2021-10-07 192150.png

If you noticed the previous BIOS version at Asus Support, the first time the above is mentioned, is on BIOS Version 5216 on 09/09/2019.

That is when the 4th Generation PCIe option was removed from BIOS on your Asus Motherboard.

It means that it will remove Generation 4 PCIe support from the motherboard. It has nothing to do with supporting a CPU or not. Your Ryzen 5 3600 should work fine with the latest BIOS version you have installed.

If a CPU will lose support on a Motherboard BIOS update it will definitely let you know. It will says CPUs series so and so (Raven Ridge, pinnacle, etc) will have support removed with this BIOS update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

The Asus note is quite vague when it says it removes the 4th generation support when using a 3000 series CPU.

I was able to find an old Overclock3D.net thread (2019) where a AMD Employee explains what the above means: https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=92928

Screenshot 2021-10-07 192150.png

If you noticed the previous BIOS version at Asus Support, the first time the above is mentioned, is on BIOS Version 5216 on 09/09/2019.

That is when the 4th Generation PCIe option was removed from BIOS on your Asus Motherboard.

It means that it will remove Generation 4 PCIe support from the motherboard. It has nothing to do with supporting a CPU or not. Your Ryzen 5 3600 should work fine with the latest BIOS version you have installed.

If a CPU will lose support on a Motherboard BIOS update it will definitely let you know. It will says CPUs series so and so (Raven Ridge, pinnacle, etc) will have support removed with this BIOS update.

0 Likes