cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

anonymousetech
Journeyman III

Display randomly died with stuttering continuous noises while playing game.

Hello, this issue just happened to me yesterday, it never happened to me, so I went here looking for solutions but nothing I saw worked. So I figured out i'm just going to post my problem here, hoping someone can help me.

I'm just going to say my PC is low end in advance to avoid confusions.

So last night I was just playing my game as usual, then suddenly I saw first some weird green lines and artifacts appear out of my screen, But I just thought they we're just some random interferences that comes around often, but then less than a second later, my screen just turned black and the audio output of my earphone suddenly became like the same one's when your computer is having a bluescreen of death. I just stayed like that for the rest of the time, 5 minutes in still nothing responded, 10 minutes, still nothing. So naturally what I did is just reset the computer by pressing the reset switch on my PC case. The computer then restarted and the BIOS did POST. Which means the GPU didn't fail or just suddenly broke down. But then right as it was booting to windows, instead of the windows login screen appearing after the boot logo disappears, what it displayed was just a blank screen, also noticed that my keyboard and mouse lights turn off when that happens, while in normal boot operations of my computer those lights don't turn off. As usual it got stuck again in the black screen for infinity. So what I did again was just reset it again using the reset button, but did that 5 times and no success, many attempts so much that I trigged windows to go to Automatic Repair mode, but that did not help in any way either.

Now looking for solutions, I came across some forums here that is almost the same issue with me, or maybe it really is the exact issue, some saying that their GPU's work in safe mode or in normal windows environment when there is no driver installed or loaded, and surprisingly it was also the case for me. After my countless attempts I just decided to boot into safe mode. I was expecting it to not even go to the login screen, but surprise, I got to the login screen. I signed in my account and eventually got to my desktop. I went thinking for a bit because in safe mode, only important drivers are loaded, So I figured out maybe my drivers (22.6.1) just corrupted randomly. Then I read more forums and just decided to completely clean my current drivers using DDU. After that has completed, I restarted the computer and as I was expecting, I finally got to a normal windows environment since there is no drivers loaded. Next I went to AMD website to download their auto detect drivers application, It says the same driver version to be reinstalled (22.6.1) then I just continued with the installation, everything was going great until at around 70-80% of the installation where it also says "Installing AMD Display Drivers" I got again the same black screen after my screen just blinked and it never recovered from that, disk activity light also turned off. Now usually if you are installing a new GPU your screen resolution would be stretched because it doesn't still have a driver, now when you are already the installing the driver, your display will flicker, and then just seconds after your resolution will be set to the native resolution of your monitor then the installation completes and asks your to restart. Except for me, I didn't even get to see a proper resolution on my monitor, from my stretched resolution, it just flickered once, but nothing else happened than that. So AGAIN as I have no choice I pressed again the reset button, and again BIOS did POST and the same thing again displays after the windows boot logo, just a black screen... I just decided to give up and just went back to the Integrated GPU of my computer, at least that one doesn't black screen randomly or when installing drivers.

I would really appreciate any help.

Sorry if this message looked very long, because I tried to explain everything in full detail and in everything I remember.

Here are the specifications of my computer: (Very low-end lol, I just use it for school primarily anyway)

Processor:
AMD Athlon 200GE with Radeon Vega Graphics (Vega 3)

Graphics:

1. Integrated: Radeon Vega 3
2. Dedicated/Discrete: ASUS STRIX R7 370 DirectCU II OC (I clocked it down from 1050 Mhz to 975 Mhz)

RAM:

DDR4-2667 Mhz 8GB

Motherboard:

Biostar A320MH ver 6.7 (updated BIOS)

Monitor:

IPS 1440x900 75Hz

PSU:

300 watts

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

0 Likes
0 Replies