cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Uann
Journeyman III

Computer cannot wakeup from sleep after update to AMD 24.1.1 driver

The system is Windows 11, with Ryzen 5600x and XFX 7900xt combo, and the monitor is Odyssey g70b.

After update the graphics card driver to 24.1.1, the system cannot wakeup from sleep. The computer seems is running because I can see lights are up and all fans start to spin, but the monitor is black no matter how to hit keyboard and mouse. The only way is to unplug the power and start the computer again.

DDU the driver and roll back to 23.1.1 and the problem is gone.

Anyone have the same problem? Do i have to stay in the older driver untill the next driving coming out?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Zalugar
Adept II

I had a sort of similar issue once, but it hasn't happened since and I can't reliably replicate it so I haven't bothered with it.
In my case, my PC failed to enter sleep mode after the default 2 hour time window, locking-up instead. My software LED turned off as per normal when locking the PC with hardware LED settings taking over, but even well after it should've gone into sleep mode (7-ish hours later), the PC was still running and LEDs were all still on, but the display was a black screen. Didn't seem I was at the login screen either since typing in my password didn't work, noted by my LED software not kicking in as soon as my PC would believe it was on desktop.

So I rebooted the PC and Event Viewer had detected no issues besides the unexpected reboot caused by me. As it only happened once and I have no error log, I personally just consider it a rare but unremarkable error.

0 Likes
batesmotel
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue with my 6650xt. Sometimes wakes but 80% of the time it won't and requires a hard reset. 

Have tried all the suggested fixes , disabled windows driver updates etc but still not good. 

Can't wait for a fix

In the mean time, I have allowed windows to handle driver updates again and uninstaled adrenalin software. No more issues but yea, massive lack of features 

0 Likes