Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

frenky55
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

cnext.exe APPCRASH

Hello,

after installation radeon-crimson-15.11-win10-64bit I have cnext.exe APPCRASH every time when I restart or turn of PC.

Is there any available solution for my problem?

50 Replies
undying
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: cnext.exe APPCRASH

I have the same problem. Anyone knows why its happening? Its strange becouse driver is working fine, only crashes when trying restart/shut down my pc.

0 Kudos
andrius
Adept I
Adept I

I had the same problem, but I think I figured it out. During install I unchecked "AMD Radeon Settings" app, but the web setup tried to install it anyway. Apparently it didn't do it correctly, hence the error message.

I went to Programs & Features and used AMD Install Manager to remove AMD Radeon Settings, leaving just the display driver. No more error messages.

And if you  do need AMD Radeon Settings, run the installer again and put a checkmark next to it this time.

cnext.png

0 Kudos
tomtalk24
Paragon
Paragon

Same, or did. Been messing about trying to get Crossfire working right, had that error warning about memory (no crash). Reinstalled many times and manually upgraded/forced the drivers in Device Manager seemed to have stopped it. Cant be sure what fixed what at the moment.

EDIT: was wondering what that was

0 Kudos
gat0cg
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same problem help plz

0 Kudos
gianko
Adept I
Adept I

Same problem here cnext.exe crash when shutdown system, i also noticed that the settings of the profile of the games in radeon settings, are not saved and the fan speed with each restart of the system is always set to manual rather than automatic.

0 Kudos
gianko
Adept I
Adept I

The only solution is to terminate the process cnext.exe from the task manager, and then turn off the computer. in this way the error is no longer displayed.

0 Kudos
finalkenpachi
Adept I
Adept I

I have the same error too.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please report all driver issues using the following form.

0 Kudos
tomtalk24
Paragon
Paragon

I have been at this for 2 days for many reasons from Backups not working to the new Driver being very hit and miss. Many formats etc. I cant be 100% but seems Windows maybe, installs CCC again, the full version with FirePro in the heading (dont even have one). This seems to relate to the times I get the error. When this isnt installed by itself for whatever reason and Radeon Software is the main GPU utility I get no error.

Again this could just be my end, but seems to be a connection. I am not installing CCC, something else is.

@amdmatt, will do. Bit of a pain with serial numbers and the like. And the sporadic reason this error occurs.

0 Kudos