Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ayonix
Adept I

BIOS Splash Screen then No Signal

I’ve just built a PC with the following specs

CPU- Ryzen 5 5600G 

MOBO- Asus B450M PLUS II (with latest BIOS)

RAM- Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16GB

PSU- Corsair CX450M

SSD- Team T-FORCE VULCAN G 512GB

Last night I was able to get it setup to my monitor after tedious work having to use a spare TV as the monitor kept saying out of range and it eventually worked fine. Today tried to use monitor and said no signal and then used TV which then only displayed the BIOS splash screen and Windows preparing then it would stop and say No Signal. Tried booting into safe mode, changing resolutions, and even reset my entire PC to get a clean wipe of any drivers (I noticed the VGA drivers and Display Adapters seem to be causing part of the issue) yet still telling me No Signal. Any fixes when you can’t even see what you are doing?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Sound like a DOA motherboard or processor.

I would open a Asus Support CHAT and see if they believe you need to RMA the motherboard.

Also open a AMD Support Ticket - Warranty and see they believe your processor also might need to be RMAed or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

But before you do all that, Are there any Motherboard Q-Codes or Trouble LED lit when you boot up? If so which one and if applicable the Q-Code generated.

If you are able to enter BIOS change under "Boot" from UEFI mode to CSM Mode (Legacy) and see if you get video now. On my Asus motherboard my 4K Monitor only has video Output during POST when I have CSM Mode enabled in BIOS.

Does the PC boot into Windows even though it has no video output? You can tell by looking at the Computer Case HDD LED. If during the booting up process, the HDD LED light is flickering or on solid that indicates that it is booting into Windows. If so wait to see if you get Video output once Windows boots up.

If it does look like it is booting into Windows that means that BIOS didn't find any hardware issue with your Processor and other connected hardware. So most likely it is a Driver issue. Also is your RAM on the Asus RAM MEMORY QVL LIST for the 5000 series APUs?

0 Likes

Shortly after I posted this, I moved the PC on to a table which then showed signal on the TV I had hooked it up to. Everything worked perfect I reinstalled the drivers and was able to use the PC. I had to reconfigure it again so I turned it off and unplugged the HDMI cable and Power Supply and then that’s when it sent me back to square one. Would this be a motherboard issue, an HDMI cable issue or a boot up issue as I was able to restart it multiple times with no issue but a power off seemed to hinder the process 

0 Likes

to eliminate the HDMI cable see if you can use in someone else's computer and see if the same thing occurs or not.

Do you know the Make & Model of the HDMI cable?

Jiggle the HDMI cable and see if video starts having output.

Try with a different Video Output and see if the same thing occurs.

Sounds like something is loose or not making good contact since you physically moved the PC and it started working until you turned power off.

Make sure all the PSU cables are securely connected to the motherboard. Sometimes a cable looks like it is connected well when it is actually partially loose.

If everything worked well until you turned off power that at least indicates the Motherboard and APU Processor are working.

I would check the PSU for proper Voltage Outputs - 12v/5.0v/3.3 vdc. Possibly the PSU is not working properly.

NOTE: Corsair PSU are good quality PSUs.  If you get your computer working again, install OCCT and check the PSU outputs and temperatures by stress testing it. While testing the PSU keep a close watch on your PC. Also set a Global temperature lower than the CPU maximum operating temperature on OCCT.

0 Likes

I jiggled the HDMI port and it gave me video, however the aspect ratio was much larger than the TV and plugging it into my monitor gave me an HDMI No signal error. Changing the resolution didn’t seem to help at all and would only give minimal assistance (for example: able to be a little closer to the taskbar, yet still out of view) and entering low res mode also didn’t help

Make and Model is the generic HDMI cable provided with my ASUS VP228QE monitor. I used other cables as well to see any effect and currently the one I’m using now is an XBOX One X High Speed HDMI cable (still provides same results as other cables)

it seems to be an issue with the HDMI cable and I’ll try using an HDMI to dvid cable but with Canadian Thanksgiving weekend It will be a few days… any solutions currently?