cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RobertOZ
Adept II

Audio Issues

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but since purchasing this Ryzen system I am plagued with Audio Problems, never had these issues with previous computers or intel systems.

Get messages saying "Unable to play Audio Track" yet next time it will play

Also get the following message, when this one appears, all computer sound is lost and the only way to restore is to reboot.

I have googled the problem but none of the offered solutions work, hoping that members here have encountered this problem and have a solutionAudio IssuesAudio Issues

AMD Ryzan 5 3600, Asus GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics (522.30), Asus Prime B550M-A LGA 1200 mATX Motherboard, (BIOS 2003) Cooler Master MWE White 230v 550W 80+ V2 Power,500GB SSD, 16GB DDR4 Ram, 2TB HDD, 32inch Phillips 1920 x 1080 Monitor, Samsung 28 inch 3840x2160 UHD 4K LED Monitor. Win 10 21Hl, Build 19043.11466
1 Solution

Thank you for your responses

First, all my Corel programs are provided by Corel, I am an advisor on the Corel forums, and have never used Torrents

Initially, I though the issue was system sound, reason I contacted this forum, however further testing seems to confirm that one particular Corel program is the cause , since removing the suspect program the issues have not reappeared. So have now made direct contact with Corel.

Win 10 Home does not have Sandbox, hence reason for Avast Sandbox, have been using Avast for many years, without any problems. I do a lot of Video Editing, with numerous NLEs installed, mainly for comparison test purposes and these types of programs are susceptible to crashing, especially when rendering, so run in Sandbox to minimize possible PC issues. That's why I was surprised that all PC sound was lost, always thought that any issues were contained within Sandbox.

Still very new to an AMD motherboard and processor and never having experienced these issues before, thought there may have been a connection, very happy that is not so.

Again, thank you for your input, and sorry to have wasted your time

AMD Ryzan 5 3600, Asus GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics (522.30), Asus Prime B550M-A LGA 1200 mATX Motherboard, (BIOS 2003) Cooler Master MWE White 230v 550W 80+ V2 Power,500GB SSD, 16GB DDR4 Ram, 2TB HDD, 32inch Phillips 1920 x 1080 Monitor, Samsung 28 inch 3840x2160 UHD 4K LED Monitor. Win 10 21Hl, Build 19043.11466

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Which Program are you trying to run when that error occurs?

Sounds like another Audio device is being used or is in conflict when you try to run that program's audio. That is why when you reboot it stops all background drivers or programs.

When the error occurs before rebooting the PC go to Window's Sound Panel and under your Audio device that you are using click on "TEST" to see if you get an error or you hear single tones coming from the speakers.

Many times in the past I had a similar issue when I lost audio and when I went to Sound Panel under my Audio device connected to my GPU card I received an error saying that the device is in use. 

Sometimes I was able to clear it but other times I needed to reboot to get audio again like you do.

You can try running a Clean Windows Desktop which disables all 3rd party Startups in case it is another 3rd  party program or driver that is causing the issue.

0 Likes

Look at his pic. avast sandbox (first problem), then what appears to be a corel error.

What's the bet not legit files ? 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

@goodplay 

Yes I didn't catch that the OP is using Corel Video Studio in a AVAST Sandbox.

@RobertOZ 

No need to use a 3rd party Sandbox unless your current Windows version doesn't have that feature, but both Windows 10 & 11 Pro versions has that feature and is compatible with Windows.

Possibly the Avast Sandbox feature isn't completely compatible with Windows.

If the program wasn't downloaded from a Torrent website I would run it without the Avast Sandbox which can be causing a conflict with your regular Windows audio and see if that error occurs again.

0 Likes

Thank you for your responses

First, all my Corel programs are provided by Corel, I am an advisor on the Corel forums, and have never used Torrents

Initially, I though the issue was system sound, reason I contacted this forum, however further testing seems to confirm that one particular Corel program is the cause , since removing the suspect program the issues have not reappeared. So have now made direct contact with Corel.

Win 10 Home does not have Sandbox, hence reason for Avast Sandbox, have been using Avast for many years, without any problems. I do a lot of Video Editing, with numerous NLEs installed, mainly for comparison test purposes and these types of programs are susceptible to crashing, especially when rendering, so run in Sandbox to minimize possible PC issues. That's why I was surprised that all PC sound was lost, always thought that any issues were contained within Sandbox.

Still very new to an AMD motherboard and processor and never having experienced these issues before, thought there may have been a connection, very happy that is not so.

Again, thank you for your input, and sorry to have wasted your time

Sorry for insinuating that you were using an illegal download since you were using it in a Sandbox environment thinking maybe you purchased it from a unreliable source.

Even though it is a very good idea to run new downloaded programs in a Sandbox environment to make sure it is virus or malware free before using.

I don't believe you wasted my time, at least, since I learned  something new about using Sandbox which I rarely use since I am not very familiar with it.

Also please mark you last reply as "Solution" to let other Users know that it was a conflict with another program and not AMD Audio.

I also am a Asus Hardware fan since I really like Asus Motherboards and GPUs and Optical drives. Rarely have any issues with that company's hardware.

NOTE: If you google how to enable Windows Sandbox in Windows Home you will find several different methods to accomplish that.

I Tech site Ghack from an 2019 article about a batch file that enables Sandbox in Windows 10 Home: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/04/26/install-the-windows-sandbox-in-windows-10-home/

Here is the link from above article that has been updated to indicate it also works in Windows 11. It is in German though so you will need to translate it like i did: https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/2019/04/20/windows-10-home-windows-sandbox-installieren-und-nutzen/

Here it is translated into English using my Translation extension in my browser:

Screenshot 2021-12-25 150510.png

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

I also have audio issues but not from my Ryzen cpu (it's been running fine) but to my radeon 6950xt.  Ever since installing the Adrenalin driver as a "minimal" install (I'm still not sure if that's the issue) I've had a Windows 10 notification sound randomly playing, but I think I could replicate it when pressing the caps lock key.

My sound was working perfectly before going to this AMD gpu, and I understood when I installed Adrenalin that the audio portion would not interrupt my existing drivers. Seems that assumption was wrong.

I'm going to uninstall all the Adrenalin drivers and reboot and see what happens.

edit: used DDU in safe mode, removed all AMD, nvidia, and AMD audio drivers. we'll see.