cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xdemoncamberx
Adept II

AMD Sata Controller drivers glitchy and bugged

So I've been getting random milliseconds long audio drop outs as well as framerate stutter system wide, more noticeable in games ONLY when the Amd Sata Controller 1.3.1.276 drivers are installed (supplied by amd to microsoft and baked into windows 10 install) however, when I manually update the drive to the Microsoft Standard Sata Ahci Controller drivers, all the issues subside and are no more. Also if I install the AMD 1.3.1.277 sata controller drivers (have to dig to find these on google, they were pulled for some reason and never released) the problem is also gone. You can find them here AMD SATA Controller AMD 2015/04/15 1.3.1.277

I'm on Ryzen and the x370 chipset on AM4. Asus Crosshair VI Hero mobo.

Has anyone had this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I believe the last AMD SATA Controller driver issued by AMD was in 2015. After that, all SATA Controller drivers for AMD Motherboards come from Microsoft Windows 10 OS or Windows Update.

You need to let Windows 10 install the MS SATA Controller driver. ignore the year 2006. If you look at the version of the Windows 10 SATA Controller Driver it will be the same version as your Windows installation version. So it is up to date.

I replaced my AMD SATA CONTROLLER Driver when I upgraded to Windows 10. Here is my Device Manager showing the MS Driver I have installed:

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I believe the last AMD SATA Controller driver issued by AMD was in 2015. After that, all SATA Controller drivers for AMD Motherboards come from Microsoft Windows 10 OS or Windows Update.

You need to let Windows 10 install the MS SATA Controller driver. ignore the year 2006. If you look at the version of the Windows 10 SATA Controller Driver it will be the same version as your Windows installation version. So it is up to date.

I replaced my AMD SATA CONTROLLER Driver when I upgraded to Windows 10. Here is my Device Manager showing the MS Driver I have installed:

Nope I was wrong. Still getting random stutters on both versions. Microsoft generic driver works best.

0 Likes

If you have a Ryzen system--sounds like you do?--then the latest version of the AMD SATA controller is 1.2.1.402, circa 2015.  In my system--x370 chipset--I use both the 1.2.1.402 driver & the Windows10x64 AHCI controller driver--as both drivers are required.  These drivers come in the latest AMD x370 chipset driver package found here:

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Select your chipset (9-series, x3/470, AM4, etc.) and then select the Windows edition you are running, and download the package and install it.  The above link is where you should periodically go to check for new chipset drivers (which include the SATA controller drivers), GPU drivers, etc.

No problem with "stutters" at all, thankfully...;)

0 Likes