Drivers & Software

Sayazwan
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon 530 Constant driver Timeout

Hello mens, i have this Dell Inspiron 5570 Laptop with:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99GHz:

RAM: 16 GB

Its a 64-Bit OS..

I had no problemos for the past 3 years, but i guess it started after some driver update that i downloaded from the official site..

At first i thought the timeout is caused by the overheat while gaming (Temp goes to around 90°), so i changed the thermal paste.. my all time temps had a drop and the fan speed slowed down as the old thermal paste was dry, but this timeout issue didn't.

After like a few minutes of GTA V on normal graphic settings, i get this "We detected a driver timeout has occurred on your system", 

I can't play other games aswell, i even crash while trying Roblox ;-;
Every game that uses my graphic card crashes/freezes n crashes after a few mins, i have to disable the graphic card an use the normal intel graphics to play
I've tried the clean and reinstall driver method using the DDU method, i even used the selecting STANDARD graphics settings..

DDU'ed and currently use the older version of the driver .. v20.8.1

The Amd graphics settings are set to the very normal ones, i still get this annoying timeout.

After changing the thermal paste, i get 80-86 Degrees temperature.. i don't think thats really the issue, but if it is.. tell me it.

Posting here with a hope that i get rid of this timeout issue in the end

0 Likes
11 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

Google how to change TdrDelay and TdrLevel, see if it helps. 

0 Likes

Didn't work, driver still crashes after a few mins of gameplay.

0 Likes

Have you tried lowering the GPU frequency in the driver settings?

0 Likes

Yep, lowered it already, doesn't help either

0 Likes

Try using "AMD Cleanup Utility" instead of DDU and go back to the old version again

0 Likes
shayron12
Adept II

Friend, I have good news for you. The last decent driver they made was 20.8.3, tries to make use of the DDU, and does a clean install. You will no longer have problems with a black screen, with a crash, or with errors. The company does not know or recommend drivers for its customers.

0 Likes

Hey i downloaded that version i tried to run a game it was loading then my laptop froze any tips? ps:My power brick gives 20V=3.25A

0 Likes

New problem Memory_managment.

0 Likes
PolaMaster
Journeyman III

Hi . Did you find any solution for this issue?

0 Likes

Hi if you still getting driver timeouts i suggest you to change your Core Clocks frequency, when i looked up in the internet it's normal capacity without the overclock is 720MHz something and can go up to even 1024 but for some strange reason it works on a default 920MHz or something which is really weird a lot of people get driver timeouts because of this or their driver throttles. My computer was overheating and i was geting constant driver timeouts before i lowered it to 750MHz and the thing is the game performance didn't even drastically change i only get 3 or 4 fps lower but now it's not overheating and i'm not getting any driver timeouts so i definitely advise everyone who has problems with this card to drop their cards core clock. 

And a note, i changed it on msi afterburner but at start i couldn't change it i don't know why but after unplugging my laptops battery and plugging it again i could change it i don't know exactly why but i won't do any bios updates or something incase changing the frequency gets locked again.

0 Likes
u7QO8
Adept II

amd have its official cleanup, ppl don't need to use DDU which isn't better than official ones, but i think it is much older

0 Likes