When attempting to Install the latest AMD Radeon Software Crimson version 16.4.2
the errors are encountered
AMD install manager - install package failure
The drivers however will install as normal but once installation is complete and reboot is performed, there is no AMD GPU configuration tool to be seen
(missing from task manager, no right click context menu item and no System tray icon)
AMD R9 380 4GB -
Custom built with off the shelf parts
Intel Core i5-3570 (No overclocking)
12GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM (No overclocking)
ASROCK Z77 Extreme4 (Not using Built-in VGA, deactivated in BIOS)
730 watt Bronze 80PLUS Enermax Revolution XT power supply
Software and Drivers installed
Windows 10 64bit
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2
System Locale: Set to Japan
Display connected via - Display used
HDMI - AOC 24" LCD panel @ 1080p 60hz
DVI - BenQ G2420HD 1080p 60hz
Help is appreciated
Message was edited by: Ray Lowe - added screenshots
Is the "AMD Settings" in your start or apps menu.
Why are the drivers, settings, etc... unchecked in the installer ?.
These items are already installed and did not need installing. The Greyed checkboxes indicate that the programs installed succesfully.
I didn't want to install Gaming Evolved App because it is just bloatware and I didn't want to slow my system down.
I have repeatedly attempted to install the same executable. First time I checked everything (except for Evolved App).
Basically what happens when I install:
1. Ticked all boxes and click install
2. The progress bar will start counting up. At 2%, the error message in the first screenshot is shown..
3. The installation will complete, but errors are shown and my error logs indicate that some items were not installed.
4. The items that failed to install were the ones I indicated -- basically, Vulkan Loader and the Settings application.
5. Drivers work fine for the most part but I can't configure video settings through Crimson Software because there is no executable present
Steps to overcome this problem:
1. Complete unintallation using AMD driver Cleanup Utility, followed by a reboot
2. Disabling Antivirus and reinstalling the driver