cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

InternetMom
Journeyman III

AMD High Definition Audio Device

After turning on my laptop this morning I noticed that windows was not detecting any audio input or output. After some investigation I found that the Digital Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device) was greyed out in the sound control panel and listed as "not plugged in" (seen in the screenshot bellow attached). So I went through and made sure everything was updated both through windows updates and through the AMD Radeon Software update feature, after the several hours of tedium this ensued I finally made sure that everything including all my drivers where up to date. However this did not fix the issue, next i tried doing a fresh reinstall of my audio drivers, this also did not fix it. I've also tried running both the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow command's through task manager this unfortunately did not work either. I've no doubt missed something simple but as of yet I've found no way to fix this problem , so any help or advice you could give would be appreciated.

SYSTEM INFORMATION: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics [GPU]. AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx [CPU].

Screenshot (385).png

0 Likes
1 Reply

this is hdmi output sound.. and your sound card is missing

0 Likes