cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cristiano121405
Journeyman III

amd driver update fails

Hi, I'm having trouble updating my AMD Catalyst Control Center. The update starts off smoothly, but then, when the RADEON screen comes up, it says something about it not knowing the graphics card.

My Specs are:

Computer Model: Gateway SX2110G Desktop

Processor (APU):

AMD E1-1500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (x2)

0 Likes
1 Solution

You have to use the graphics drivers furnished by Microsoft.

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
  2. Reboot the system
  3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

You have to use the graphics drivers furnished by Microsoft.

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
  2. Reboot the system
  3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.
0 Likes

Thank you for the help. I'll check my windows update soon!

0 Likes