Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tylerperryz
Journeyman III

AMD Driver Timeout for RX 5700 XT

Hey Everyone,
I have been attempting to play the new Halo Infinite Multiplayer on my PC for weeks, and I keep experiencing the same issue -- every time I launch the game, I make it maybe 5 seconds into the main menu before the application crashes, and I am returned to my desktop with the AMD Bug Report Tool. I have tried what feels like everything to fix this, and still nothing has been resolved. There is not a single other game that I have that crashes like this. I play Valorant, Rogue Company, Fortnite, Rocket League, and few others at pretty much the maximum frame rate in each game without hitching/stutters.
What I have tried:
  • Uninstalled drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalled with the latest version.
  • Uninstalled drivers and installed the recommended AMD Halo Driver (21.40.03.01).
  • Installed latest chipset drivers from MSI.
  • Upgraded to Windows 11 and made sure everything is up to date.
  • Physically uninstalled and reinstalled both the graphics card and RAM sticks.
  • Verified Game Files
  • Installed and launched from Microsoft Store as opposed to Steam
  • Disabling all overlays
  • Updated BIOS 
  • Wiped drives clean and reinstalled everything to start fresh
  • Played around with undervolting and pc tweaking a bit to no avail, but perhaps I am not using correct settings or I am executing incorrectly??

I am sure I have tried a handful of other things, but I am completely stumped and don't know where to turn. I have listed my PC Specs below for reference.
IF ANYONE IS ABLE TO HELP, I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT! THANK YOU!!

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.6GHz
16.0GB hyperX RAM
GPU: XFX Radeon RX5700XT Ultra Thic III
Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Watercooled Kra**n X62 (can't spell out K**ken for whatever reason)
Inland Premium 1TB ssd M.2 (brand new) - where the Halo Infinite Application is installed
Some older hdd that I have recently wiped and is completely empty
ROG PG258Q 240Hz Native Monitor
0 Likes
2 Replies
notagain
Journeyman III

Having same issue similar specs 5700 XT /2700 X 32GB ram B450 chipset

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Switching to video sequences when playing games also caused problems with Cyberpunk 2077. I've tried a few things and then with Kerntakt 1770 and Kernvoltage 1200 I no longer have any problems with my RX5700XT and the Radeon driver without the adrenaline software. With the standard setting KT 2100 and KV 1184 the game crashes irregularly. The core clock of 2100 is never reached even in the FurMark benchmark; at the most, 2010, as actually stated by the manufacturer, is the boost clock of my graphics card. For more, the power supply is probably not enough and that with 2x8 pin PCI Express power connection for this graphics card with 220 watts of power. With my new screen at 2560: 1440 resolution, I get a maximum of 1900 core clocks with over 80 FSP. That's enough for me, I play my Horizon Forza 5 with 1910-2010 KT and 1200 KV stable. I always use the latest drivers currently. 21.12.1 Windows Update and chipset drivers are always included.

0 Likes