cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

akirabbq
Adept I

AMD Chipset Driver 3.08.17.735 Installation error (Failed to create OpenGL context....)

Download and unzip the file with no error, run the exe and 3-4 error dialogs with the message"Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurFaceFormat..." pop up and then the setup application quits after a while. Already tried to remove the old chipset drivers but there's no difference.

Specs:

Windows 10 21H1 (x64)
Ryzen 2700x
ASRock x470 Taichi
Vega FE with Radeon Pro Software 21.Q2

Many thanks. Reinstall  the previous version 2.17.25.506 without any problem.

0 Likes
7 Replies

That error from what I can find is this:

"Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile 0) .

This is most likely caused by not having the necessary graphics drivers installed."

This is the same explanation in several Tech sites.

The problem seems to be a conflict or not being compatible with your  Professional Graphics driver and AMD CHIPSET.

See if by installing Adrenalin 2020  Edition 21.3.2 will work and AMD CHIPSET will install correctly. This driver is listed for your Vega FE card at AMD Download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/radeon-pro/radeon-pro-series/radeon-vega-fronti...

NOTE: if it works with the Adrenaline driver you can re-install the Professional Driver after you installed the CHIPSET drivers and delete Adrenaline driver afterwards.

Hi,

Having the exact same problem with W5700 and your suggestion doesn't fix the problem.

Best,

Jonathon

0 Likes

Maybe Moderator@fsadough might have some suggestions since both are using Professional GPU cards.

0 Likes

To tell you guys the truth I don't know how a Graphics driver is related to the installation of Chipset Drivers. But that error seems to be due to a Graphics driver issue.

One troubleshooting tip that seems to work once in a while is by using Microsoft Install/Uninstall App.

Use the MS App to uninstall the AMD Chipset and then afterwards now try to install the chipset drivers package again and see if it installs successfully.

The MS App removes all traces of the Chipset installation including, I believe, Registry entries.

If that doesn't work then I am out of ideas and maybe Moderator FSADOUGH might have some idea what causing that error to occur with both of your installation of the AMD Chipset driver packages with Professional GPU Cards installed.

What is the system BIOS version? Are you using the latest one?

Hi fsadough, actually I fixed it. I am running the latest BIOS but what fixed this problem for me was uninstalling Radeon Pro Software, Ryzen Master and the previous Chipset Drivers all together then installing new Chipset Drivers first and then the Radeon Pro suite. Obviously I can't be exactly sure which one was the culprit but that's what worked for me.

I don't have Ryzen Master installed, so I just uninstall the Radeon Pro driver and the chipset driver runs properly straight away even without a restart.