This has happened to my system before with AMD GPU Software updates. The downloading process removes old software during installation but then the software will not initiate as a pop up shows " The AMD software is not working and indows will try to find a solution" or something like that. Meanwhile I have no Eye infinity as the settings have been removed via the update. And trying to reinstall the previous edit software from "downloads file" now gives the same result, Nothing !!!
I am running Windows 7
GPU Radeon R9
intel i5 7th gen
I have uninstalled the new software and deleted from programs and features all AMD files.
i have reinstalled the 2017 update from AMD Radeon I think Crimson or it could be the previous adrenaline software. (Sorry for being a bit vague as typing this on iPad and not I front of the desktop simulator which is what I am referring to)
Thanks in advance for any solutions.
Not much info. There are many different models of R9 GPU cards.
Anyways, go here : Download Drivers and input the correct GPU card for your Desktop and download the full set of AMD Drivers. then do the following:
install AMD driver :
1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.
2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to eliminate all traces of the current AMD driver and software from your computer. Delete C:\AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot.
3) Go to Device Manager and click on "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.
4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you manually downloaded. Make sure to disable the Internet to prevent Windows Update from installing a newer version. Also configure Windows to prevent it from updating Drivers via Windows Update. Also it has been mentioned to disable any Anti-virus programs before installation of AMD Drivers.
5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C:\AMD folder from the Root directory.
6)Enable both the internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).
7) Go back to Device Manager and check to be sure your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.
Thanks for your reply,
Yes I agree not much info but like I said it was vague but not sat in front of the system ! But hey now I am so here is some further stuff-
One of the current issues I do have which I have known about for some time is after damage to the previous i5 Intel 4th gen the replacement needed a new MB and Ram But these new 6th/7th Gen &8th gen Intel's require windows 10 and above which I bought not installed for fear of losing simulator software.
So the issue for auto windows updates at this moment is not possible as it not supported on the current windows 7 platform. Bad yes I know, But this issues is not related to anything other than action than the next available AMD/Radeon soft update.
So after finding as much AMD files as possible I visited the AMD site downloaded the AMD complete suite again after pre-selecting the system info and hey ! " AMD settings ave stopped working" Driver versions do not match"
Hope this can tell you more than its currently telling me.
Start posting on this thread that has the same issue : Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest v... See if this thread that is running currently helps your case or not.
But one thing you need to know. Windows Operating System whether 7 or 10 MUST be totally updated via Windows Update. The AMD Drivers requires Windows to be updated completely for them to work.
** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do: