cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blumpy
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon Adrenalin Software 19.2.3 BSOD Crash

I have a vega 64 and have been experiencing this issue for month.

viniabear
Adept I

I have MSI Radeon HD 7970 Lightning My computer processor AMD fx 4350 the problem is the same

cesarin
Elite

What more evidence of a fault in your drivers do you want AMD? will it be that you do not read these forums to find out about the serious failures that the drivers have in old and recent models?

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I suggest using a second disks and try a clean install of windows 10 and the latest driver and see if that works

too hard to guess with a forum post and some off handed rants

cesarin
Elite

Dear Friend, that which you suggest has already been tried and I do not solve the problem.
If you can read all this post, you will realize all the possibilities that were tried and
it was not possible to install it. BSOD in 33% of Installation.
pokester
MVP

I know you sent a message to AMD but I think there has been another driver release since then. I know it also does not work. Do however make sure you keep reporting this issue again for every driver release that does not fix or acknowledge the issue in the release notes. Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

cesarin wrote:

Dear Friend, that which you suggest has already been tried and I do not solve the problem.
If you can read all this post, you will realize all the possibilities that were tried and
it was not possible to install it. BSOD in 33% of Installation.

with 74 replies I may have missed that. Which is why I brought it up.

if the clean install is choking then there is a fault with the hardware.

0 Likes
alleyviper
Elite

Didn't notice that they're missing from the compat list now, but I have 19.2.3 working fine on a hd7870 (reference Pitcairn GHz Ed., not a Tahiti LE). If the installation is crashing on 7970s, that's surely a problem with a driver that still has their hwid on the inf files. CGN 1.0 cards were sold up until the r7 370. It'd be a shot in foot if they removed support now, but more so with Tahiti cards, as they still perform respectably despite their age.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

My Asus HD 7870 seems to be fine with recent drivers. My card is Pitcairn and GCN 1.0 which is still supported.

jdrobinson314
Challenger

Wow long read.

I noticed that at some point in the driver updates that windows + bios will perform a pcie level reset of the graphics card. This is evidenced by the screens all blanking out. At least I think that's what's happening. I don't think the older cards are capable of this.

Setting that BF aside, and leading into another...

It might be possible to manually install all the files and hope windows picks up on them as drivers - just bypassing radeon installation - you would basically need to have a catalog of where everything goes - sort of like the old .inf, based driver installations.

And  bf #3, try hitting the install button and then unplug the monitor and hope for the best - an eventual reboot might mean a successful installation.

Bf # 4,

When registry keys don't exist, you can make them yourself - you just gotta be exact.

0 Likes