Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bongs123
Journeyman III

7900 xtx Driver Timeout

Hi everyone,

This appears to be a very common issue, but after playing games (usually Destiny 2 but happens in all other games too) for between 10 mins - 1 hour, my game crashes and shoots a "driver timeout" error at me (photo of error below). I'll also include what is shown in windows event log. I think I have tried every "fix" that is recommended on the internet, but below is a list of fixes I have tried:

• Disable XMP
  • DDU and reinstall drivers in safe mode (tried all drivers back to 23.2.1 including "driver only" of all versions)
  • Disable MPO, TDR delay fix
  • Update BIOS
  • Update chipset drivers
  • Format and reinstall windows
  • Upgrading PSU to overkill (1200w)
  • Uninstalling all unnecessary software (Steelseries gg, MSI afterburner etc)
  • Tried my old graphics card in the same system and is completely stable for over 9 hours of constant gaming

I am not sure if I have just have a bad card? But it seems there is way too many people with this issue to "just be a bad card". Below are the specs of my computer:

GPU: AMD Radeon Saphire Pulse 7900 XTX 24GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

PSU: 1200w Corsair

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus

RAM: Patriot 32gb Dual Channel 3600mhz

Any help or potential fixes would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance Screenshot 2023-05-27 192803.pngScreenshot 2023-05-27 154917.png

7 Replies
bold
Adept I

I have the similar problem with my 6900xt, founders edition.

Tried also all the listed solution, without effect.

I asked for a RMA, but  the card was bought 2 y ago, and 1 month...

GPU : 6900xt

CPU : 5600x

RAM : 32G

MB : B550 G+

PSU : Corsair 850w gold

Ashiaa
Adept I

I have this problem too on my RTX6950 and then I get DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

No idea how to fix it and have done all sorts. I think but it seems it's just too many people having the same issue as you say. Not really sure what to do? I have had it 4 months, I can hardly play any of my games. 

Thinking maybe time to send it back for RMA and then try and get a refund and go back to Nvidia. 

Sad, as my first AMD card. going to keep searching for fixes on here in the meantime and luckily have an old 2070 to chuck in for now. 

0 Likes

**bleep** that sucks to hear, sorry you are experiencing the same issue it’s very frustrating. I have already applied for an RMA of this card after a week of owning it. It just seems so odd that so many people are experiencing this. Makes me think the replacement card will have the same issue  

Might have to switch to team green after this experience. Even my 6700xt had nothing but problems, hence the upgrade.

You can follow my thread on reddit if you like, there are a few other solutions that some people have mentioned. Hopefully something fixes your issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/13ungmx/7900_xtx_driver_timeout/?utm_source=share&utm_medi...

0 Likes
Ashiaa
Adept I

Yeah, I have just done my RMA.. going to get my money back and spend it on a 4080. 

Such a shame. Oh ill read Thanks 

0 Likes
DekuSkrub2129
Journeyman III

Same issue, on a brand new Windows install. Happens on multiple games.

0 Likes
NightmareFlux
Journeyman III

I still have these Issues in alot of games where I wouldnt even expect is like "Stalcraft" which a toaster could run...

Probably wont buy another amd gpu in the future. Its really depressing how many issues I have with the graphics card. I unfortunately even get amd driver timeouts with fragmenting sometimes. Especially if playing Helldivers 2, which I get disconnected from every 5 minutes due to crashes... The list goes on

Still -  sadly no fix and none that fix anything in future sight. Have been telling myself they will patch stuff since the beginning, never happened to the extent, that 1000$+ is justified.

GPU : 24GB Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

RAM : 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6400 DIMM CL32 Dual Kit  (clocked at 6000)

MB : ASRock Phantom Gaming Riptide WiFi AMD B650E So.AM5 DDR5 ATX

PSU : 1200 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 12 Modular 80+ Platinum

0 Likes
Omgnoway
Adept III

This worked for me might want to give it a try 

go into adrenalin go to performance then to tuning

scroll down to GPU tunning and enable turn down your max frequency MHZ,  tunned my to [ 2750]

then turn down Voltage 1140 mv what mine is set at 

I no longer crash in any game and my FPS are about the same hope this help someone

If it works let me know.

7800 X3D

7900 XTX MERC 310

0 Likes