cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mickeekung
Challenger

20.4.1 still not fixing black screen problem for 5600xt.

Black screen still happening while gaming.

11 Replies
fromage
Adept I

Yup its still happening on my RX 5600 xt, in both CS:GO & Call of Duty Modern Warfare, happening a few times a day very frustrating.

I'm trying to send it back for a refund (only 2 weeks old) but the shop is saying the card/hardware is fine its the software/drivers thats the issue so the card is'nt faulty. 

They can't seem to understand the card can't function as designed and is therefore not fit for purpose without drivers that work.

btw did the proper driver uninstall/reinstall etc

Same here, tried to explain that the driver is part of the product but they offering just warranty check in the lab for a few days (after the coronavirus)

They wont let me refund and take the green one instead

Guess we stuck with this crap and pray that amd software team will finally get sober or the company will recall the gpu's

mrbrighr
Adept I

The same problem with my XFX RX 5600XT THIC III Ultra... random blackscreens and pc restarts with no reason... on rx 570 everything works fine ... did the bios update to my mb and gpu ... 

No matter what game: CS source , CS GO, Roblox , minecraft , smis 4 , COD Warzone.... every single time i get instant blackscreen and restart or im able to load game i play for 5-45 min and balckscreen + reset. Using HDMI output.

My rig all new

MSI B450 Mortar MAX 

R5 3600x

16GB of balistix LT

650W PSU

and couple of ssd

nbdt
Adept I

I did every suggestion made on the forums. But here's the thing, I don't have any crashes for about 2 days since I set the power limit of the card to 30% on afterburner. No negligible performance loss either and I was able to oc my 5600xt to the max 1820mhz and 1860mhz for memory. I don't think my psu is causing any issues because it's fairly new, it's a seasonic m12 700w unit and it's 2 years old. I hope this can help. I virtually did every suggestion on the forums, even tried a fresh install, but this one might have permanently fixed it. I'll update in a week if a crash occurs. Tell me if it works!

0 Likes

hey do you have any videos how to do that i'm no computer expert any video will do

0 Likes
mrbrighr
Adept I

30% or -30%... I can only set max +20%... Will try today before sending for RMA...

0 Likes
mrtech
Adept I

Power Color RX 5700 XT Red Devil here, having the same issue.

Has anyone tried installing 19.12.1 drivers ?

I love this card and don't want to send it back, but I've never seen such an unstable system in my life.

AMD Please help...

0 Likes
mrbrighr
Adept I

Today I did a clean win 10 install with latest chipset drivers and adrenalin... I have also set manually my clocks 3 stages :

1550/930mV 1660/930mV 1820/960mV  . Powerlimit set to 0 ( no difference between 0-20) . Mem at 1680Mhz (at 1700 gpu restarts - vmem ist to low at 850mV).

No restarts, no black screens . I think that the main causes are the mem speed (to low stock voltage for extreme oc to 14Gbs) and wrong stages by def. 800/800mV-1300/800mV-1750/1000mV.

0 Likes
skullowner
Adept I

seriously i am getting sick of tired off this black screen flickering issue I cant even play games normal

skullowner
Adept I

well i just found out when i get the black screen with flickering issue my graphic drivers auto delete them self

W T H seriously what is this 

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

I have found the way to fix it. I run MSI afterburner and down the core clock to 1400. And I never facing with black screen anymore Screenshot (40).png

0 Likes