Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

19.12.3 Complete Mess

AMD this is unacceptable.

HDMI Scaling locks to 30FPS (I cant see the edges of my display on all resolutions)

Black screen of death on idle (Powerplay issue)

3D applications utilizing 300mhz core, results in either a crash or stuttering (Phantom Lag)

Driver GUI crashes out when you first login, works fine after a second start of the driver.

OC settings just seem to reset and deletes all my profiles when I'm online?

Weird IP addresses blocked from the driver? Why is my GPU driver sending inbound/outbound requests?

No games play solid 60FPS because of your stupid downclocking powerplay crap.

Now the good.

3D modeling is brilliant, no crashes. Fury X crashed out.

Unreal, Lumberyard, Unity works fantastic, never seen stable 500+ FPS before so that's very good AMD.

So right now we have a Radeon VII crashing out on all games, and I cannot see the edges of my display.

I have sent a support request form and haven't heard back from you.

I'm contacting the seller and requesting a time frame for a refund, this is a joke, such a great GPU and you provide this joke of a driver to your top end users?

Please fix this.

8 Replies

I will open the bidding at 99 cents

a new driver should be available fairly soon, AMD tends to offer new ones 2-3 times a month

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't buy for a Dollar.

Its not good enough, 10 minutes of testing the driver and I've found breaking bugs, doesn't take a rocket scientist to find these simple errors. They don't test the driver and it could cause damage, never seen the unit lock up so many times its BS.

I simply cannot even use this GPU right now in fear the whole unit locks up again, on the desktop, the Radeon VII is using 25mhz its awful on the desktop, the GUI lags. Its terrible.

They haven't released a driver in nearly a month. Unless I'm missing the beta drivers somewhere?

Can I ask is the 19.12.3 the most recent?

Thanks again.

19.12.3 is the recent optional driver as of the 16th of December 2019

AMD has been notified by Gamers Nexus when at CES2020 and was told that its 50% done as of the 8th of Jan. 2020

0 Likes

john007 wrote:

I wouldn't buy for a Dollar.

Its not good enough, 10 minutes of testing the driver and I've found breaking bugs, doesn't take a rocket scientist to find these simple errors. They don't test the driver and it could cause damage, never seen the unit lock up so many times its BS.

I simply cannot even use this GPU right now in fear the whole unit locks up again, on the desktop, the Radeon VII is using 25mhz its awful on the desktop, the GUI lags. Its terrible.

They haven't released a driver in nearly a month. Unless I'm missing the beta drivers somewhere?

Can I ask is the 19.12.3 the most recent?

Thanks again.

If nothing else the Radeon VII would make for a nice paper weight. I have a lot of video cards on the rack that have accumulated over the years.

0 Likes

My RX Vega 64 Liquid was pretty much a paper weight because of driver issues for a long time.
It is not a nice feeling to spend >= 570 on a GPU that constantly crashes or needs lots of experimentations with undervolting just to stop it crashing / blackscreening / audio buzzing/ taking out my Windows OS. 
Things had improved lots for the RX Vega 64 Liquid by end of Adrenalin 2019 and it was "almost stable" with Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1.
I would like to see improvements to Chill to allow tweaking of Chill parameters to improve FPS performance when Chill is used.

I need to use it to stop the GPU from crashing due to overheating within 5 minutes of gaming.

I even purchased a second hand RX Vega 64 Liquid for Blender work.

Then AMD go and release Adrenalin 2020.
It is a major step backwards.
Horrible UI/GUI
Constantly crashing out.
New Radeon Overlay is a mess and causes games to crash.
Global RTC removed and no alternative.
"Browser Integration" - what are the security implication of this and what data is getting sent to AMD from the driver?
Game Advisor on all the time, with no user control,  which means  uses CPU and it reports nonsense.
etc.

I am sticking on Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1.
However who knows how long my RX Vega 64 Liquids will get worse than "almost stable" or will remain ~stable as more Windows 10 updates are released.
I will need to update to an "Adrenalin 2020" driver at some stage.

Please AMD bring back the Adrenalin 2019 style GUI for the driver and give me back the Adrenalin 2019 features and then improve on them.

Please AMD make this Adrenalin 2020 "Gaming App" which is your new "Raptr AMD Gaming Evolved" an optional feature so I can choose not to install it.
There are plrenty of free Gaming Apps available and I do not understand why this is even a focus for AMD drivers.
I think the focus should be - fix the installer, improve stability, fix or improve existing features first.

I think Radeon Chill should be something that AMD should put more work into because even at 7nm with "RDNA" AMD GPUs are still taking more power than Nvidia cards on 12nm.

I think it would be better to fund a driver GUI for Ubuntu Linux so people can actually control their Radeon GPUs in Linux without having to hack Linux files just to set GPU fan speed or have to compile open source projects on Github just to get a GUI for their AMD GPU on Linux. Nvidia already provide a Linux version of their Control Panel.

Now Windows 7 is EOL, there will be many people who want to use an OS other than Windows 10.
Many of those people will not want to have to hack linux files to control their AMD GPUs.
Ubuntu is an obvious choice for Windows 7 users new to Linux.

Please AMD  get some decent Ubuntu Linux drivers for your new RX5700/XT, Radeon 7, Vega and Polaris GPUs and please provide an Adrenalin 2019 style Driver GUI
Steam Play on Linux works well with many Windows titles now, so "lack of games for Linux" is no longer an excuse.

0 Likes

I have room is my box for water but I do not need or use it. My giant fans can tame any power pig video card. For that reason I see EVGA cards with an attached water cooler with disdain, my HAF 932 obviates the need. Ebay prices for Vega 64 are falling fast.

My RX 480 may only have one 8-pin cable but it slurps back power with a vengeance when I play Halo at 4K. I have seen 225W with the power monitor which gives it the power pig award.

0 Likes
baepe
Adept III

AMD is killing an excellent product with horrible software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite a few new drivers since this version and no fixes what so ever.

The drivers are less stable now, 3D engines now crash out on the 20.x.x driver.

Useless company.

0 Likes