Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Scorn Game Code Giveaway!

Scorn3.jpg

Hey Red Team,

Yesterday we teased a giveaway, and now we’re ready

If you’re someone who’s usually in the loop for some of the latest game releases, you might’ve heard about Scorn, which officially released last Friday.

For those who don’t know much about it, just picture the skin-crawling art of H.R. Giger (the Swiss artist who designed the first Xenomorph from the Alien franchise) combined with a first-person shooter/adventure game.

I’m still a bit in the early stages of the game, but so far it includes a lot of discovery, puzzle-solving, and general survival in such a creepy and unsettling environment/atmosphere. Yeah… when I said it got under @Amber_AMD and I’s skin, I wasn’t kidding.

Now, a few lucky members will get a chance to see what we’re talking about as we’re giving away 5 Scorn game codes! All you have to do to enter is comment on this post with one of your favorite video game moments that gave you a scare, thrill, or an “oh snap!” (Doesn’t necessarily have to be a scary game.)

The giveaway will run for 24 hours, so we’ll be closing the comments tomorrow, Oct. 21, at 12 PM CST, and randomly pick 5 winners from the comments, similar to how the Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes works.

Best of luck to everyone, and we can’t wait to hear all about your experiences diving into the world of Scorn!

1 Solution
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Winners have been randomly selected and have confirmed their existence! (lol.)

Big congrats to @dryden@Safari99SM, @rtbh99@CaligoVereor, and @soullodolo!!

We hope you all will share your experiences as you try Scorn out!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
jerico1213
Adept II

would say deadspace2, those jumpscares while i was a kid was somethingelse

Antonz
Journeyman III

the original F.E.A.R

the moment you first see Alma such a scary game

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Haha.  Borderlands 2, Thousand Cuts, activating the radio tower in Slab Town.   Not what you people will consider scary.  But, heart pounding, sweat pouring out of every pore, blood pressure through the roof, yelling and screaming.  What else is there?  Here's a video of it by SporksAreGoodForYou:

https://youtu.be/HNtwDHrBVgE

It always amazes me the mental and physical reaction I have to these kinds of activities in a video game when death isn't even on the line.  Just respawning somewhere nearby.

0 Likes
rtbh99
Challenger

gonna have to go with dead space 2 as well, but for a different reason

Spoiler
when you go back onto the Ishimura

had me super tense the whole time, they really knocked it out of the park in that segment

---
lets talk about rtbh99
0 Likes
AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

Not sure why but hunt showdown was creepy. The weird pig boss in a butcher barn all while having the feeling of being hunted by other players. "Shudder"

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

KeyJ_0-1666292064118.gif

That game looks both horrifying and scary....... Sound like fun! I totally see what you and Amber were saying, Wally.

I know I mentioned it before, but F.E.A.R during the ladder scene will stay with me.

However, one that was scary for an altogether different reason - and probably a bunch of you might have experienced was the Devilsaur in Un'Goro crater during World of Warcraft. This giant, yet somehow silent monster would patrol around and practically 1 shot anyone who was questing and levelling in the zone. 

KeyJ_1-1666292625000.jpeg

I remember the jump scares I got from this beast as he silently walked up behind you until it was too late, and your last moments were hearing STOMP STOMP CHOMP /dead

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
soullodolo
Adept III

I played Resident Evil 4 VR recently and the part where Ashley escape through some rooms without any light in the castle spooked me. I had to stop because I was playing at night and continued playing during daytime the next day.

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)
CaligoVereor
Challenger

Sonic drowning music. That has to be the most nerve-wrecking thing I have ever experience mostly because little me was not ready to find something that anxiety inducing when playing Sonic The Hedgehog game. Hearing it still gives me the creeps up to this day. I've played a lot of horror games throughout my life and nothing they have ever thrown at me has scarred me as deeply.

Safari99SM
Journeyman III

Slenderman when it was a thing! That game used to make me not sleep.

0 Likes
dryden
Adept III

Playing the entire game of Alien: Isolation felt like a long, drawn-out scare and thrill as well. At first the moments surrounding the lockers were the scariest, almost every time when the alien caught me. Over time, it just got frustrating. It's still a fun game. 

0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hey, everyone! We loved reading through all these responses. Some I could definitely relate to (that freakin' ladder part @Key-J ... shudders).

We'll be reaching out to the winners shortly, so keep an eye on your private messages and/or emails!

0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Winners have been randomly selected and have confirmed their existence! (lol.)

Big congrats to @dryden@Safari99SM, @rtbh99@CaligoVereor, and @soullodolo!!

We hope you all will share your experiences as you try Scorn out!