Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
490 Replies
NewHope
Journeyman III

The focus is always on price/performance! And in that respect, you are unbeatable in my opinion! I have been relying on your products for years!

280BD25F-7711-4A83-9D7F-1C7B69C2AA86.jpeg

kn100
Journeyman III

For me it's the generally high core counts for CPU, and the excellent Linux support for GPU. Having All AMD hardware has meant I've never even had to think about drivers or support, no matter which weird flavour of Linux I am running. It just works, trouble free.

Boyrian
Journeyman III

The price and reviews.

0 Likes
Eddieg129
Adept I

Performance is big and I haven’t been happier with AMD. They are fast to roll out updates and fixes and that’s what it’s really about. A company that cares about how their product performs!

0 Likes
Thanco
Journeyman III

I love the longevity that AMD products have, especially the motherboards and cpus. Back when Ryzen 3000 came out I got a nice B450 board and have been using it ever since, even through three cpu upgrades. Its still incredible to see continued releases of new parts  even though there's already a new platform that's been released. 

0 Likes
ccheetah75
Journeyman III

Price, performance, but also compatibility.  I dual boot Windows and some flavor of Linux.  Historically, I've had WAY fewer issues out of the AMD GPUs and compatibility in Linux. 

0 Likes

The performance is key for building my system. Using AMD products that are efficient is a bonus!

0 Likes
ChaosTanker05
Journeyman III

Performance and then price, I'd rather pay alittle bit more for better performance then just trying to save se money.  I currently have an rx 6750 and ryzen 5 7600.

Zach

0 Likes

Price to performance ratio, 100%

0 Likes
TheCraftGuide
Journeyman III

I feel that AMD products are just a better price to performance alternative then the other brands and quite frankly the designs of most AMD GPU's are just nicer looking then others and I have mainly only heard good thing about AMD products

0 Likes
Arkantis
Adept I

Usually it's price and performance, but it's also supporting AMD because I've had fewer issues with their products over the years than that other blue company..

0 Likes
Rom28
Journeyman III

The price and user reviews. When looking parts for my first PC, I stumbled on reviews for an AMD product. I'm glad with my decision and stuck with the brand ever since. I plan to keep with AMD, hoping this can be the upgrade I've been needing for a while.

0 Likes
NightmarePogg
Journeyman III

Hi!

I am pretty new AMD fan but I love it already!

Before I had experience with a lot of Intel CPUs and only few AMD ones

they were AMD Phenom II X6 which I loved, it was one of the best CPUs I had even when it's already so old

and AMD Ryzen 5700 which I am really happy with

I also had a lot of AMD GPUs but mainly the older ones

I would really like to use AMD GPU again especially now with old GTX 1650 when I want to switch on linux and, let's just say NVIDIA drivers on linux sucks

I would also really like to work in blender which would be super working with GPU like this!

I just really like AMD, its cheap, it has insane power and Open Source drivers

My setup is right now

Ryzen 5700

GTX 1650

0 Likes
Svenmechine
Journeyman III

It's been a slow and steady shift to value over time with AMD products that have made them so appealing. Products well supported by AMD and community hold more favor in my next purchases.

Resisting corporate overlords classic decisions to axe older products to try and force consumers hands to newer products!

Sven
0 Likes
leofur77
Adept I

I've been buying all AMD since Thunderbird 1.0Ghz.

I always believed in AMD!

I now have 9700X installed in Strix X670E-E with 7900XTX Red Devil.

Price & performance of AMD = WIN

0 Likes
Bonbiller
Journeyman III

I've Decided to go Team Red when it comes to GPU'S for some time now. I really don't need Ray Tracing for the titles that I would play (Halo Infinite, BAR, Space Engineers) Here recently I just Upgraded My GPU to try to Maximize those frames I would get and oh Boy was it a stellar difference, went from a 6600 to a 7800xt and that thing is just crazy. So far my Experience has been pleasant all around with AMD Cards so much so that any system I would build forward is going to include one if needed. 

Price for my 7800xt was beyond exceptional considering it goes toe to toe with a 4070 and that's not something to scoff at. I figure I can throw Some heavy titles at this thing, and it would still handle itself like a champ without the overclock. 

Anyway, this thing is amazing and have recommend AMD for a few years at this point as for most people this would be a no brainer choice.

0 Likes
cvanguard
Journeyman III

Price, and the quality of AMD’s AIB partners for GPUs. AMD provides good value for budget or midrange GPUs compared to Nvidia, and their CPUs are more power efficient than comparable Intel CPUs while 3D vcache models are much better for gaming. Companies like Sapphire and XFX provide far better warranty and customer support than Nvidia’s AIB partners, which is extremely important with recent scandals around certain companies refusing to honor warranties.

0 Likes
Scizmz
Journeyman III

It's the value proposition. Performance for the dollar.

0 Likes
nanoyaki
Journeyman III

I have exclusively bought AMD in the past and still do now. It's definitely a mixture of familiarity, price-performance ratio, and compatibility. My 6650 XT has served me really well over the past few years and works amazingly well in tandem with my 5800X3D.

Another big thing for me is definitely the linux drivers as AMD is currently the most compatible with a wide variety of compositors and distros in general.

also Nvidia is just not affordable at all for the performance you get in rasterization with AMD

0 Likes
xLAZERx
Journeyman III

My appeal has always been performance and thermals. The performance has always been better for my CPU needs, and usually at much lower thermals!

0 Likes
tredeuce
Adept III

Price and performance for sure, but probably past experience is the most important factor. There are probably arguments all over about what to choose and why. If I have never been let down, why should I change what I am using?

0 Likes
TheLastPandalord
Journeyman III

More performance for less money!!!

0 Likes
Binong20
Journeyman III

My 1st pc build was i74790k with 980ti, now I wanna try team red, price and performance. Just waiting for sales to start my part list.

0 Likes
retartedroman
Journeyman III

I love AMD Processors they are WAY ahead of the game of both Intel and Nvidia. Great job guys! 

0 Likes
retartedroman
Journeyman III

I love AMD Processors they are way ahead of the game. they are way better than Intel and Nvidia processors. Great job guys!  

0 Likes
ShamefulTunic
Adept II

Got into AMD on first gen ryzen and never looked back. Currently have 5800X3D. My my wife on AMD, my sister on AMD, my folks on AMD, and all my friends. I'm the PC builder in the group so I get to choose a lot of parts haha. 

0 Likes
Alkemist
Journeyman III

My decision to buy is never based on just brand, it's mostly the value I get for the money I spend. AMD tends to have a higher price to performance for both CPUs and GPUs so I buy them from AMD more often.

0 Likes
Swiegje
Journeyman III

For me price and performance is the decisive factor.

0 Likes
Zieg
Journeyman III

I’ve had an AMD gpu for an over a decade now and they’ve never let me down. They’re great at cost to performance, features, and reliability.

0 Likes
Mr_Overlord
Journeyman III

Simply the price to performance ratio. And I kinda prefer the design choice as well.

0 Likes
GrahamV221
Adept I

The price to performance ratio has always made it an easy choice to make.
I started with a Ryzen 5 2600X and a RX 580 8 GB and every upgrade has been AMD.

0 Likes
weirdaVID
Journeyman III

Thank you!

0 Likes
TwigGlenn4
Adept I

I started my desktop with a Ryzen 5 3600 + Radeon 5500XT for the great prices, but I've stayed with AMD for the amazing gaming performance of the 7800X3D while also loving the price to performance of Radeon graphics cards (now running a Radeon 6700XT) along with the great Linux support!

0 Likes
DiabloMonk
Adept II

I love me some VRAM!

0 Likes
SirDevonn
Journeyman III

Price and performance are the big issues, plus stability, features, ease of use, all that fun stuff!

0 Likes
BoukiBoi
Journeyman III

Hello!

The biggest influence behind my decision to go AMD is reliability/ease of use, along with the competitive pricing offered! Been using AMD over competitors for 2+ years now and I’ve loved it!

0 Likes
youkoi
Journeyman III

Price to performance for sure! Definitely want to get the most for my dollars

0 Likes
PaladinX74
Journeyman III

Have been a fan of AMD for a very long time . 

cpu  AMD Ryzen 7800x3d

gpu : ASRock Steel legend 7900Gre 

love the performance I get from the combo 

0 Likes
GreyMatterGamer
Journeyman III

When I started building PCs in the early 2000s, money was not particularly abundant. Couple that with the idea, I wasn't sure what I needed in PC parts. I set out to research the biggest players in the industry. So after much consideration, I landed on AMD and never looked back. The price to performance of AMD products is outstanding and worth the coin. It's not even a matter if I had more money I would go with the other guy. AMD products are just that good, especially when you consider they are used in some of the top gaming consoles of today. It is difficult to go with anyone else. Go team Red!      

0 Likes
Electronics_Rocks
Journeyman III

AMD is my go to supplier for Speed & value for money for a very long time (35 years)!

Not just that but also innovative moving technology forward!

One of the biggest interest is the lower power consumption AMD gives!

0 Likes