Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: August – Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

2425251_2024_Red_Team_Monthly_Sweepstakes_August_1920x600.jpg

We have another, question for you, Red Team!

What influences your decision to buy an AMD product? (e.g., price, performance, brand or all of the above? Feel free to elaborate.)

To enter the sweepstakes, simply click the reply button and answer the question, that’s it!

For August, a Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT GPU is up for grabs!

Good luck, everyone!

The August Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Thursday, August 1, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 31, 2024, at 12:00 P.M. Central Time. Read the Official Rules for more information and key dates.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
537 Replies
chatie
Adept I

A balance between performance and price.

Leaffa
Adept I

Newcomer here to the forum but not to AMD

Always loved the reasonable pricing for a strong, reliable product!  My main reason for being in Team Red has to be the great value gpus!

6600 XT

Ryzen 5 3600

boostcreeper17
Journeyman III

I originally went with AMD for the price, but was so impressed with the performance and value that all of my PC builds have been AMD. I am currently running a Ryzen 5 2600x with RX 580 gpu. I could really use this RX 7800xt and would build a new PC around that amazing GPU. 

mglamm
Adept I

It's mostly about price to performance, which has definitely been in AMD's favor lately. I prefer more competition in the graphics card market, so that's another factor towards choosing AMD. Long live Team Red!

Price first, then performance simple as that. 

SlickCris
Journeyman III

Nothing beats your history! And the confidence in buying your product.. And I will keep coming back. 

Peace and Love! Thank you 

rhapso
Adept I

simply price to performance. the cpus have always been great value

khmiyagui
Journeyman III

Manly Cost/benefit but also it's amazing how long a platform have support (am4 in my case), just upgrade a r5 2600 for a r7 5700x3d.

Cmurray
Journeyman III

Price to performance is what influences me to buy AMD products. Nvidia gives out ludicrous pricing for midrange products and it relies heavily on its brand name, whereas AMD actually seems to care for the people purchasing the products.

John5770
Journeyman III

AMD offers more value for the price.

exactly

0 Likes
Default12341
Journeyman III

Hi!

My first ever pc was fully AMD and I've fallen in love with it ever since.

The value is just so good for the price and it's criminally underrated by glazing Nvidia fans (don't get me wrong Nvidia still has good cards, just not at price to performance like AMD).

This exact card is in my pc part picker list for my dream pc, and I would absolutely love to have it!

Thank you for your time and I hope to see that card at my doorstep!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

GPU: AMD RADEON 6650XT

radosuaf
Adept II

1. Price to performance ratio.

2, Adrenalin software - NVIDIA CP feels so outdated now, they've brought up the new app recently, but it wasn't there when I was buying my Radeon. I had the RX 570 and fellin love with Adrenalin instantly, then I got 6600, 6700 and the love continues :).

nothlur
Journeyman III

For the most part, price to performance is what I'm after, and what AMD tends to have, but aside from that, I also feel that AMD is just a better company than the competition and doesn't keep doing blatantly anti-consumer or straight up illegal things like other companies do. Oh, and their CPU's don't die in a week and their graphics cards don't catch fire at the power connector 🙂

Skervar
Journeyman III

performance, long-term socket support and price to performance.

oldhat
Journeyman III

The price-to-performance ratio.

Elbromeister
Journeyman III

There are many reasons I buy AMD hardware for all my personal computers. For laptops, power efficiency and battery life are the key reasons. In desktop CPUs, long-term support of platforms has allowed me to switch processors four times on one motherboard, from R7 1700 all the way to 5800X3D. The long-term price/performance this provides is unrivaled. Additionally, new AMD CPUs still work well with Windows 10. For GPUs, I enjoy the driver package, which allows me to easily customize the overclock, and most importantly to every day use, regulate framerates with Radeon Chill. Large VRAM allows me to use the cards for longer while retaining their resale value significantly.

Allenk3amd
Journeyman III

Price to performance is a big part of why I choose AMD.  But, my main reason is track record of great working products and software.  My first was an XFX HD 6870 and since then, I've had 4 other AMD GPUs.  I have yet to run into the driver/software issues that so many people were crying about over the past several years.  Always fawless installs of the Adrenalin software!  Even when it was Catalyst, easy, on-the-spot installs every time.  CPUs have just been a no-brainer for me since my Athlon 64 X2.

baronblitz
Journeyman III

I've always had good luck with AMD products going back decades. My first self-built PC was centered around and AMD processor. Price/Performance/Ratings all influence my decision to use your products.

maxius
Adept I

WARSAM71 THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND THAT I GOT A 7990 FROM DURING A PCPER FRAGGING FROGS EVENT!

AMD/ATI has always offered high performance quality products going back to my very first pc in 1996 a Gateway 2000 G5 P1 200 MMX. The gpu was a was a ATI 3d Rage II + DVD (Mach64 GT-B)

My first AMD CPU was on a socket 7 super adapter. That i got by working over the summer at my highschool it had a K6-2 400 on it. That took my Gateway to 333mhz and released the magic smoke from my psu. replaced said psu and it still worked!

Amd/Ati products are best in class for performance, price and have never disappointed me over my many decades of computing even when the company was in a difficult situation.

WC2F
Adept I

all of the above

Miguel Orama
AndeeJC
Journeyman III

All of the above. Price is important for those on a tight budget, but still want good performance, and the security of a reliable product of a known manufacturer like AMD.

Importuno
Journeyman III

I'd say a mix of all, yes. I tend to spend weeks checking perfomance test and videos so I can squeeze as much power as I can from the money I have and it almost always leads me back to AMD products.

Thenatous
Journeyman III

Definitely all of them. I love the price to performance AMD offers, since I’m a student so price is a big matter. Good luck and wish you guys keep pushing further! Always eager to see your next innovation!

Samsara1
Journeyman III

My first build was back in 2017 during my second year of college I needed something that performed well but didn't break my poor college selfs bank. I went to AMD by recommendation from a friend doing my first build under $600, then later did a high-end build in 2020 purchasing a 5000s CPU and a 6000s GPU as a gift for graduation to myself. Still using those same parts now, amazing value and performance now in new end titles despite being four years old. Not to mention the continued support of AM4 was something I loved to see.

Starburst383
Journeyman III

The price to performance. I can't afford to buy the most expensive cards on the market and AMD offers the best bang for my buck in the price range I'm looking for. My 5700xt has served me well for 3 years for less than 300$.

diditstart
Adept I

The price/performance you get from AMD is unbeatable. And the cards have a longer usability lifespan compared to the other one..

robheffo79
Journeyman III

Price is the number 1 driver I have right now. The best bang for my buck is very important. Given how wages haven't risen, but inflation has, topped off with Landlords jacking up the rent every opportunity they get, I need to be smart with my money.

I got a 6750XT and love it, so glad I dumped team green. I would love a bigger GPU though!

karadoulis
Journeyman III

Brand and design were always the first things I am taking account of. Then performance and price. 

Reallyuglyaf
Journeyman III

i have always been an amd user. the performance has been consistently good (and it's gotten even better as of late), always enjoyed the color scheme and price has always been fairly low.

King_dra3
Journeyman III

All of the above performance longevity and even the issues I wouldn't trade it for anything. Price to performance amd made items realize they could have added more CPU cores and that how AMD changed the game. Thank you AMD I was team blue for years (pree builds) and a friend recommend AMD it was my first build and I never looked back team red all the way. 

0_Eragon
Journeyman III

When i bought my 2600x 3600x it was my first ever amd Cpu. I used to be a intel fan boy.  But the price to preformance diffrence was just to great. Since then i have upgraded to 3900x witch iam still running. So my server has 3600x and the 2600x i gave away to my nephew witch still uses it to play farming sim. he has a 980ti. I use rtx3080 But i was considering amd gpu at the time. But nvidia "app" now still have a edge in me. I love the shadowplay, mic\camera features.  And rtx was atleast then more developed for nvidia. I like to play on 4k high hdr whenever i can.  I always recommend friends\familiy to go for Amd.  i have built 4 pc's for friends since ryzen 2000 seriers came out and all have been amd.  My next build will be amd, and my server will get a new Cpu as well. Intel can come up with 10 more fps but at 50-100€+ more. Team blue can shove it. 🤣 
Keep up with the AM4 (more gens) am 5 (more gens)
The upgrade path where ur MB isent trash after a few more cpu gens are out is the best thing you have ever done. Doh my next one will need a socket upgrade and ram. if i had the need from then to now i could have spendt money and got better cpu. Now i just want DDr5 etc. Just need to get the money for it. The cpu has served me well both 3900x for gaming and 3600x for my server. 

smithdw2026
Adept II

I look at the price first and then the performance. If there is a good performance jump on the next part up in the product line for a fairly small price increase then I'll choose that one. I've been only buying AMD video cards and processors since the 486 days with the exception of a Pentium III which worked OK, but switched back to AMD since thrn

Fixit1
Adept I

Price and performance.

yeslewd
Journeyman III

As many people can agree price to performance ratio for AMD products is most of the time the best compared to the competition. You can get more stable, cheaper and better options for gaming purposes regarding CPU's compared to Intel or NVIDIA GPU. From experience the products also seem long lasting I have an rx 480 which to this day works and runs fine for the most part.

Unless there are some crazy deals with competitors I will probably always choose AMD.

Theborg
Journeyman III

AMD produits are higher quality than the competition...

Benevolar
Journeyman III

J'apprécie la compatibilité Linux. J'aime aussi les solutions open source tel que fsr. J'apprécie aussi le système centralisé AMD adrénaline pour piloter CPU et GPU. Le bon rapport qualité-prix... Cependant ce qui motive principalement un achat ça reste avant tout mes besoins.

Using Google Translate 

I like the Linux compatibility. I also like open source solutions such as fsr. I also like the AMD adrenaline centralized system for driving CPU and GPU. Good value for money... However, what mainly motivates a purchase is above all my needs.

nitroxy
Journeyman III

Value for money. I also like that you guys release non-exclusive tech like FSR and I hope to see more of that in the future. Also hoping that you can get a zen moment with GPUs and beat Nvidia on performance, features and efficiency in the near future.

Keiadow
Journeyman III

"What influences your decision to buy an AMD product?"

The product needs to meet a minimum performance threshold for me in comparison to competition - it doesn't have to be the best but it needs to be good enough and able to hold it's ground for what I want to use it for. I also consider the performance to price ratio. The brand doesn't have to be amazing or flashy but it needs to be one I can rely on for good driver support and fair customer service.